Championship week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Championship week

confernce tournment games kick of this week for some leagues and here is a link for all the pairings and schedules for all the confernces's including the Summit.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/champweek2008/index

Re: Championship week

For anyone who cares, I'm courtside at the Big Ten women's tourney right now in Indianapolis. Illinois is up five on Ohio State with under 2 minutes left.

Comment

Originally posted by sfsd View Post
      For anyone who cares, I'm courtside at the Big Ten women's tourney right now in Indianapolis. Illinois is up five on Ohio State with under 2 minutes left.
      We care, buddy. Sorry you had to make that step down from covering the NCC.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
        We care, buddy. Sorry you had to make that step down from covering the NCC.
        Great game right last night. MSU beat the Gophers 56-51 (making the Big Ten officials happy they'll get at least four in the NCAAs now).

Another great one now, as Purdue's up 7 on Iowa with 3 and change left. This place is rocking with the two best fan bases for women's hoops in the building.

Speaking of Purdue, my best to Amy Ruley on her retirement up north. She's always been a hell of a coach. Those games between NDSU and SDSU at the end of the NCC run were easily comparable to the game I'm watching right now.

Comment

George Mason is back 2 years after their final 4 run. South Alabama lost tonight knocking another team of the bubble and out. San Diego leads over Gonzaga at the half and Davidson isn't free and clear of Elon at the half. Some big conference teams are sweating it out cheering for the top seeds tonight. Man, March Madness is great!!
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Davidson wins, bubble teams survive that one. Looks like Gonzaga is going down. I suspect St. Mary's is out with the USD win.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
              Davidson wins, bubble teams survive that one. Looks like Gonzaga is going down. I suspect St. Mary's is out with the USD win.
              naw the wcc will get three teams in as St Mary's has an good resume and no bad losses. bubble teams got hurt as south alabama lost but should still get in.

Comment

yes...espn is thinking the WCC will get 3 teams in. San Diego, Gonzaga and Saint Mary's. Saint Mary's has a really strong resume and have been ranked most of the season until the Zags beat them and took the regular season WCC crown from them.

Comment

Originally posted by sdsurulz08 View Post
                  naw the wcc will get three teams in as St Mary's has an good resume and no bad losses. bubble teams got hurt as south alabama lost but should still get in.
                  I wonder about that. South Alabama is in with an RPI in the top 25. St. Mary's is going to be one of the last 4 in or their going to be out with an RPI near 40 and a loss in the tourney. If Butler loses tonight thats going to make it even tougher for the WCC to get 3 in. We'll find out Sunday.

Comment

well the first major conf. tourney start tomorow and high major bubble teams have a chance to win a lock or pick up a win or two and get a at large bid. watch nova play syracuse tomorow afternoon...the loseer will not be danceing!

Comment

Originally posted by sfsd View Post
                      Great game right last night. MSU beat the Gophers 56-51 (making the Big Ten officials happy they'll get at least four in the NCAAs now).

Another great one now, as Purdue's up 7 on Iowa with 3 and change left. This place is rocking with the two best fan bases for women's hoops in the building.

Speaking of Purdue, my best to Amy Ruley on her retirement up north. She's always been a hell of a coach. Those games between NDSU and SDSU at the end of the NCC run were easily comparable to the game I'm watching right now.
                      By the way, MSU-Minnesota and Purdue-Iowa were the only two good games at this complete stinker of a tournament. Big Ten likely now will have five teams in the tournament, and I'm not sure they even deserve three. A whole lotta inexperienced teams.

Comment

Originally posted by sdsurulz08 View Post
                        well the first major conf. tourney start tomorow and high major bubble teams have a chance to win a lock or pick up a win or two and get a at large bid. watch nova play syracuse tomorow afternoon...the loseer will not be danceing!
                        Winner of this game probably needs another win to get in.

Comment

Nice article about Drake (men) run thru the MoValley Conf. Reading the description of their win over IL St was a deva ju of the Jackrabbit women.

Good luck to Drake NCAA dancing.

EVEN BETTER SUCCESSFUL EXECUTION OF AJ'S GAME PLAN BY THE JACKRABBIT WOMEN!!!!

GO JACKS.

http://collegebasketball.rivals.com/...asp?CID=783993

Led by Emmenecker — the MVC Player of the Year — Drake's biggest calling card is its outside shooting. The Bulldogs made 10 of their 24 three-point attempts Sunday, and more than half of them were from 23 feet and beyond.

Even more impressive is that six Bulldogs players connected from long range, including four who made two three-pointers each.

"They're the best shooting team I've seen in 20-something years," said Jankovich, a former assistant at Kansas and Illinois. "They have more deep shooting weapons than anyone I've ever seen.

"This is a very, very talented team. People act like they're not, but I've got news for you: This is an outstanding team. I wouldn't be surprised if they made a long, long run in the NCAA tournament."

Drake is also one of the country's top teams when it comes to defense. Opponents are averaging just 60.9 points against the Bulldogs, whose one weakness might be the lack of a physical, bruising post player. (MORE AT LINK ABOVE)

Comment

Anybody else see the ending of the ISU-K-State women's game. ISU was down 6 with 45 seconds left in overtime and came back to win. One of the best games ever seen. Period.

Bill Fenelly is one of my all time favorite coaches. Check out the video. Its free and and it shows Bill's speech in the locker room after the game.

http://www.cyclones.com/SportSelect....53&SPSID=46667

Comment

Working...
                            X