High School FB Player lies about being recruited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High School FB Player lies about being recruited

A high school football player from Nevada lied about being recruited by Cal. It is a bizzarre story. He first held a news conference on Signing day saying he was deciding to go to Cal. Next, after Cal said they didn't even know him, he said he was dooped by a fake recruiter. And finally he confessed and said he made the whole story up.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/colum...ene&id=3236039

Re: High School FB Player lies about being recruited

i read the article tonight and i feel bad for him in a way as he was the pride of his town and was under so much pressure to be the first from his town to go D1. He should have just walked on a Nevada. the media does hype up recruit signing day way too much.

Comment

Re: High School FB Player lies about being recruited

As a retired age group person, this is a very sad story. Decades ago, no young person would have thought of such a move, but I do think the modern day process is very disappointing for a number of young people who aspire to play D1 athletics. One thing has never changed and that is you can never avoid being caught in your own lies. I feel bad for the young man's family and friends, I hope this young man resets his goals in life as playing D1 football is not the only opportunity in life. Hopefully, employers will never use this move as a benchmark for character.

Comment

Working...
      X