X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andre Gilbert Suspended Indefinitely

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22923162/

Re: Andre Gilbert Suspended Indefinitely

I've tried to find some details about Gilbert's suspension but nothing to be found on the internet yet. Anyone know any details?

Upset in Manhattan: #2 Kansas, 20-0 for the season prior to the game, surprised: Kansas State 84, Kansas 75. That game ended a 24-year home-court drought for KSU hosting KU at Bramlage Coliseum.

Comment

Heard about the suspension while watching the KU KSU game, did some searching on google and found some information on an Iowa State message board here is the link.
      http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/...efinitely.html

Comment

So much for second chances (not that there aren't lots of people who have had second chances and made good). You would have thought that Andre would have kept his nose clean. Too bad...plenty of talent...but bad choices.

Comment

From the Argus this morning. No specifics yet...

MANHATTAN, Kan. -- Kansas State coach Frank Martin announced Wednesday that junior forward Andre Gilbert, a former South Dakota State player, has been suspended indefinitely for a violation of team rules.

Comment

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=173#s...2671&t=1929997

from a k-state messageboard

Comment

and now more problems at k-state

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/news;_...v=ap&type=lgns

Comment

It's about more than the W's and L's, isn't it? Or, it should be . . .
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Ya know, if you've been accused (and acquitted) of a major crime and felt compelled to leave your original school, wouldn't it make sens that you'd do everything in your power NOT to get into any other hairy situations that could affect your eligibility or legal status?

If the KSU message board is true in its telling of the events, then it just makes me shake my head.
                  I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                    Ya know, if you've been accused (and acquitted) of a major crime and felt compelled to leave your original school, wouldn't it make sens that you'd do everything in your power NOT to get into any other hairy situations that could affect your eligibility or legal status?

If the KSU message board is true in its telling of the events, then it just makes me shake my head.
                    Pacman Gilbert
                    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                      Pacman Gilbert
                      Ouch..that's a little rough....

But I've been mulling over this for the past couple of days and I just don't get it. I really believed in him after this was all over at State. He's a really nice kid if you've ever met him, but he's obviously off his rocker a little bit. It's just too bad...

Comment

Gilbert still missing from KSU lineup as they blow a ten point halftime lead and lose at Missouri.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
                          Gilbert still missing from KSU lineup as they blow a ten point halftime lead and lose at Missouri.
                          Read the article again. I'm guessing indefinitely means he's done.....meaning kicked off the team.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUJack3031 View Post
                            Read the article again. I'm guessing indefinitely means he's done.....meaning kicked off the team.
                            He's back at practice according to this:

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/story/480937.html

Gilbert returns for Wildcats

K-State junior forward Andre Gilbert returned to practice with the team Thursday, according to assistant sports information director Tom Gilbert.

Andre Gilbert was suspended indefinitely for an unspecified violation of team rules Jan. 30 and has missed three games. Tom Gilbert said it was uncertain whether Andre Gilbert will be available Saturday when the 20th-ranked Wildcats play at home against Oklahoma State.

He has made 13 starts and averages 5.2 points and 2.8 rebounds.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                              He's back at practice according to this:

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/story/480937.html

Gilbert returns for Wildcats

K-State junior forward Andre Gilbert returned to practice with the team Thursday, according to assistant sports information director Tom Gilbert.

Andre Gilbert was suspended indefinitely for an unspecified violation of team rules Jan. 30 and has missed three games. Tom Gilbert said it was uncertain whether Andre Gilbert will be available Saturday when the 20th-ranked Wildcats play at home against Oklahoma State.

He has made 13 starts and averages 5.2 points and 2.8 rebounds.
                              Thanks for the update! Good news and hopefully he makes the best of it!

Comment

Working...
                              X