X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Five basketball players suspended at Mizzou

Trouble in Columbia.

KC Star:
    Five Missouri basketball players have been indefinitely suspended by coach Mike Anderson for a violation of team rules. Shortly after 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, Anderson announced Marshall Brown, Darryl Butterfield, Jason Horton, Leo Lyons and Stefhon Hannah would not play Wednesday night against Nebraska at Mizzou Arena or in any other game until or if the suspensions are lifted.
    “I am very disappointed in the actions of these young men,” Anderson said. “We have defined team rules, and when those rules aren’t followed our guys must be held accountable for their actions.”
    Anderson did not reveal what team rules had been violated, but early Sunday morning Hannah suffered a broken jaw in an altercation outside the Athena Night Club in downtown Columbia. Police were called to the scene at 1:07 a.m., well past the midnight curfew that is part of Anderson’s “zero tolerance” code of conduct.
    One of the owners of the Athena told a Columbia TV station on Monday there were other players at the nightclub. MU officials declined to confirm a link between that claim and the suspensions.
    The suspensions leave Missouri with only six scholarship players available to play against Nebraska at 7 p.m. Wednesday at Mizzou Arena.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: Five basketball players suspended at Mizzou

I'll bet my Huskers still can't get the W!

That's how bad they are!

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Re: Five basketball players suspended at Mizzou

Nope, none from Watertown. Last Watertown kid to play at Missouri was Jason Sutherland.

Comment

Working...
      X