Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Augie/USD

Augie and U. are in overtime right now.

Just gonna point out that Augie was assessed a technical foul for throwing a dead coyote on to the floor, and USD sunk both free throws. if that doesn't happen the game is over - the players and coaches didn't decide the outcome of the game. Instead it goes to overtime, and they still may win, but that is the reason I hate that stuff.

But it was a rivalry game, so it's acceptable....

Re: Augie/USD

As I type that, the Augie fans get another technial foul when up 3 with 2 seconds remaining.

I would be steaming if I was Billeter or Gross.

What a joke.

Comment

Good job by the Augie fans, they almost cost their team a victory. What a bunch of morons.
      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
        Good job by the Augie fans, they almost cost their team a victory. What a bunch of morons.
        And that my folks is why we don't care to be in that type of rilvalry anymore!!!

Comment

Two Ts on the Augie crowd. More on that in a second.

Augustana wins, 95-90. I suspect USD would have played differently if their starting scoring guard, Little from Castlewood, could have played (he's out with a broken hand).

Nothing particularly noteworthy about the athletic level and I thought both teams were a touch slow.

I would have preferred to see USD win.

Now, on the Augie crowd. When I was in college, I quickly tired of the Augustana students saying such clever things as "SDSU and USD grads will be working for us some day...." and "An "A" grade at SDSU and USD is a "B" at Augie". My sons (two at SDSU; one at USD) heard the same wornout comments from some they knew at Augie. In this day and age when nearly all colleges and universities have picked up the idea that throwing things at games is dumb and only hurts your team...can anyone with one of those superior degrees from Augustana give any rational explanation for Augustana being what may be the only school in the country still throwing things? Those antics could have (probably should have) cost Augie's team a victory they're going to brag about for the rest of the season. The Augustana team not only has to battle opponents on the court, but their own fans.

Another reason we're in D-I and Augustana is not.

Comment

Well, got that off my chest. Now, Augie is not renting space in my mind.

Go Jacks!

Comment

Augie is the toughest opponent the Coyotes have faced all year. USD's cream puff preseason schedule is hurting them now. If USD had played a good team or two before conference games started, they might have played a little better and won. Augie won by 5, which is fortunate margin for the stupid Augie rooters who gave USD 4 points at the free throw line in technicals.
              This space for lease.

Comment

[QUOTE=JackJD;75476]Two Ts on the Augie crowd. More on that in a second.

Augustana wins, 95-90. I suspect USD would have played differently if their starting scoring guard, Little from Castlewood, could have played (he's out with a broken hand).

I thought that Cain from usd looked like the only one that could play at the next level.

Comment

Natalie Carda (transfer from SDSU) is only averaging 8 minutes/game thus far for USD and didn't even get into the game against Augie. She averaged 13 minutes/game her Freshmen year at SDSU. Interesting!

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                    Natalie Carda (transfer from SDSU) is only averaging 8 minutes/game thus far for USD and didn't even get into the game against Augie. She averaged 13 minutes/game her Freshmen year at SDSU. Interesting!
                    That is really interesting. I'm sure she's looking forward to the transition next year!!!

Comment

Sounds like a good crowd nearly 5600. Whose got the Coyote. I notice Stu could not condone that behaviour either. Enjoyable reading.

Comment

I try not to bash Augie too much because they were more supportive than the rest of the NCC schools when we moved up to D-I as they traveled up to Brookings for a football game in 2004 (the first year of the transition) . . . BUT, the two technical fans by Augie students were pretty stupid as they almost cost them the game . . .

On the flip side, it's understandable that the Augie fans would act this way one last time since they'll be stuck with taunting Northern, Southwest, and Wayne after this season . . .

Comment

Working...
                        X