USD Transfers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USD Transfers

Read in the Argus Leader that USD landed another Division I transfer. I believe they will have 3 or 4 players now that have transfered from Division I schools? Is this correct?

Re: USD Transfers

This is Roman Gentry from UW-Milwaukee. This wasn't totally unexpected. He is from Sioux City and wanted to move closer to home. I believe he has a daughter in SC.
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by Just in the crowd View Post
      Read in the Argus Leader that USD landed another Division I transfer. I believe they will have 3 or 4 players now that have transfered from Division I schools? Is this correct?
      This was expected. When Gentry was excused for UWM the assumption was that he would land in Vermillion. It was interesting that he has to sit out this year. I wasn't sure if that was because of the transition to DI or because he played for UWM. He can practice. I believe that makes 3 DI transfers for Udot.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Smith from Creighton, Grimsley from Northern Iowa, and a kid from Air Force?

Comment

Originally posted by Just in the crowd View Post
          Smith from Creighton, Grimsley from Northern Iowa, and a kid from Air Force?
          I know of Smith, Grimsley and Gentry but I guess I'm not sure about the Air Force transfer. This thread should be moved out of the Jackrabbit area of the forum.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
            I know of Smith, Grimsley and Gentry but I guess I'm not sure about the Air Force transfer. This thread should be moved out of the Jackrabbit area of the forum.
            Moved to College Athletics.

You have to give Boots credit for the transfers he's getting to come to Vermillion. It doesn't look right now like USD will crater quite as badly as we did coming out of the box. It will on the other hand be very hard to duplicate NDSU's success in the years after transition. Should be interesting to watch.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I think they are just going to make themselves worse in the 3rd and 4th year of transition..... they have lived the past 5 years on transfers and tri-state high school kids... wait until the transfers quit coming and they realize that there is no D-I talent that wants to go there in the tri-state area...

Comment

I am an SDSU alum, but I believe if USD and SDSU played right now in mens basketball USD would win even with out Little. USD is fairly young and will not have the same troubles SDSU has had, but will probably have some troubles. Football is a different story however.

Comment

I won't even worry about whether USD can beat us or not. They aren't our competition. We should be worried about whether we can beat Western Illinois or not. That's who we play, that's who we need to beat.
                  LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Toe Jam:
                    Your post does not address the topic of this thread. I'm not inclined to allow this thread to turn into a USD vs. SDSU discussion.

Feel free to start such a thread if you wish to (one that I'm sure will quickly be moved to the Smack section).
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

My bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Toe Jam View Post
                        I am an SDSU alum, but I believe if USD and SDSU played right now in mens basketball USD would win even with out Little. USD is fairly young and will not have the same troubles SDSU has had, but will probably have some troubles. Football is a different story however.
                        I dont think so and yesterday's game kind of supports my conclusion. Augie is a one man team with what his name, who transferred from Iowa State. So one guy beat USD. Not bad.

Comment

Working...
                        X