X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDSM&T makes ESPN.com

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...8&sportCat=nfl

Very bottom of article, Obscure College Score of the Week No. 2

Mayville State 10, South Dakota School of Mines & Technology 7 (triple overtime). There were 36 points scored in the three overtimes of the Mercyhurst-Wayne game,...

Re: SDSM&T makes ESPN.com

Originally posted by i_got_a_fever View Post
    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...8&sportCat=nfl

Very bottom of article, Obscure College Score of the Week No. 2

Mayville State 10, South Dakota School of Mines & Technology 7 (triple overtime). There were 36 points scored in the three overtimes of the Mercyhurst-Wayne game,...
    Lot of parity this year in the DAC... Even Dakota State got it's first-ever win last week over Dickinson State.
    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Yup BHSU is going to win the DAC with a freshman QB... The worst part is are backup is our All-American safety, who has played well when he has had to. Too bad our starter took ballroom dancing and was ruled ineligible. Other wise we would be giving USF a run for there money.
      Last edited by joeboo22; 09-18-2007, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
        Yup BHSU is going to win the DAC with a freshman QB... The worst part is are backup is are All- American safety, ho has played well when he has had to. Too bad are starter took ball-room dancing and was ruled ineligible. Other wise we would be giving USF a run for there money.
        Wow. Whole-language reading and writing curriculum strikes again.

It's "our" as in "our starter, our backup and our All-American (no space after the hyphen) safety. Not "are" starter, etc. "Otherwise" is one word. And I assume you meant "who" not "ho".

I realize this isn't formal writing, but that's quite a number of errors in one almost unreadable paragraph. Thank heavens I learned to read and write using phonics.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Is that better?

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
            Is that better?
            Well... better, but you still missed an "are" in the first sentence: Should be "The worst thing is OUR backup" not "The worst thing is are backup".

It's one thing to let a typo slip through now and then. It's another thing when I can't even figure out what you're trying to say.
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Thank you for the grammar lesson Mr. Chips.
              I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

yea, thanx 4 the gramar lesssun.

Comment

Okay, time out.

I have been guilty of sniping at Joeboo's spelling, grammar, sentence structure, etc. which causes filbert to post a reminder that we may challenge a post but shouldn't attack a poster. It's a good rule.

I think this thread is played out. That was an interesting ESPN note about the Mayville and Tech game.

Comment

Working...
                  X