Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Friend Dan Jackson in the National News

https://twitter.com/sinow/status/158...PnGb7_UdxBfWBg

There's an example of an unforced error. I've followed this story for the past few days. Not sure what prompted Dan to comment on Ye's (former Kanye West) problems. Looks like Dan wanted to make the point that people have a right to speak out on unpopular topics. He failed to take into account that people and the organizations they belong to have a right to avoid some who express an opinion they find disagreeable. Vandy will do its investigation and I hope it works out for Dan. He issued an apology at the start of the week. May just come down to whether he's proved to Vandy that he's a coach they want to keep (and maybe his comments will be used as a pretext to cut him loose).

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
      There's an example of an unforced error. I've followed this story for the past few days. Not sure what prompted Dan to comment on Ye's (former Kanye West) problems. Looks like Dan wanted to make the point that people have a right to speak out on unpopular topics. He failed to take into account that people and the organizations they belong to have a right to avoid some who express an opinion they find disagreeable. Vandy will do its investigation and I hope it works out for Dan. He issued an apology at the start of the week. May just come down to whether he's proved to Vandy that he's a coach they want to keep (and maybe his comments will be used as a pretext to cut him loose).
      Free speech isn't free anymore? I'm not surprised at all.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
        It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

The Facebook post was reportedly private (or according to the article "not publicly viewable"), which one could argue is a mitigating factor. Then again, Vanderbilt openly indicates that employees can be "held accountable for conduct that negatively impacts Vanderbilt's core mission," and Vandy being a private institution affords them additional discretion.

Comment

Working...
        X