Men's Basketball Transfer Portal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Men's Basketball Transfer Portal

What the he** is going on at Wichita State ? A seventh scholarship player has entered the transfer portal. Plus one walk-on. Has to be a record for a program that hasn't had a coaching change. Playing time could hardly be the problem with that many players. There has to be something toxic going on, which doesn't usually happen with a program that has been as successful as they have been.

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    What the he** is going on at Wichita State ? A seventh scholarship player has entered the transfer portal. Plus one walk-on. Has to be a record for a program that hasn't had a coaching change. Playing time could hardly be the problem with that many players. There has to be something toxic going on, which doesn't usually happen with a program that has been as successful as they have been.
    And this is the program that Caleb Grill seems to be interested in based on his Twitter. But yes, WTH is going on down there? Very odd.

Comment

When ranking the mid-majors who have consistently been at the top over the last 10 years, the Shockers under Marshall would have to be in the top 3 or 4. But if I were a parent of a player considering going there, I would want to talk to some of the departing players to find out what is going on. I'm sure Marshall has had opportunities to move on to bigger programs, but this has to be a bit of a red flag on the resume.

Comment

Just the season before they had 5 players transfer and their top recruit pullout to go to Memphis at the 11th hour. I believe Greg Marshall and his wife are both known to be arrogant assholes.

Don't forget that Marshall did this just a few years ago...

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
          Just the season before they had 5 players transfer and their top recruit pullout to go to Memphis at the 11th hour. I believe Greg Marshall and his wife are both known to be arrogant assholes.

Don't forget that Marshall did this just a few years ago...
          No idea if the Marshalls are arrogant, but it sounds like both the coach and his wife get VERY fired up about BB.

Comment

Win or be fired.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

No idea if the Marshalls are arrogant, but it sounds like both the coach and his wife get VERY fired up about BB.
              Did we not play McGill in an exhibition game a while back and they clobbered us? Could the refs be homers? I suppose it does not justify Marshall behavior.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post

Did we not play McGill in an exhibition game a while back and they clobbered us? Could the refs be homers? I suppose it does not justify Marshall behavior.
                Looks like Jacks won in 2018. I think even Bob Knight might cringe at Marshall's behavior.

Comment

Looks like Jacks won in 2018. I think even Bob Knight might cringe at Marshall's behavior.
                  So they did win. How quickly I have forgotten. Thanks for the correction.

Comment

Grill is going to UNLV per his Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                      There has to be a story here. Some coaches never stop recruiting.

Comment

After watching the documentary about Bobby Knight, I doubt there would be much cringing by Knight.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                          Committed to three different schools in one year. Whatever he’s looking for, I hope he finds it.

Comment

Working...
                          X