NCAA championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post

a lot of seniors already finished their season. And many more would be one and done. How can you give seniors another year for missing one game. Plus it doesnt benefit us snd it does usd
    Plus how do you manage roster size ? USD men have 5 seniors, so they would have 18 players. Jacks have one, so they would have 14. Would give some teams a competitive advantage.

Comment

How would they manage roster size ? USD men have 5 seniors, so they could have 18 players. Jacks have one, so would have 14. Would give competitve advantage to some teams.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        How would they manage roster size ? USD men have 5 seniors, so they could have 18 players. Jacks have one, so would have 14. Would give competitve advantage to some teams.
        Good point, that would be an obvious issue that would keep this from happening. Basketball/wrestling are relatively easy to move on from but I wonder if they’ll try to figure out some way for the spring sport seniors to get one more year. The same roster issues would apply.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post

Good point, that would be an obvious issue that would keep this from happening. Basketball/wrestling are relatively easy to move on from but I wonder if they’ll try to figure out some way for the spring sport seniors to get one more year. The same roster issues would apply.
          NCAA is backing spring sports to retain a year of eligibility.
          https://www.espn.com/college-sports/...ibility-relief

Comment

Not sure about anyone else, but I'm digging the classic games CBS, ESPN, etc have been airing. Pretty cool to watch the 1992 Duke/Kentucky game.

Comment

Not sure about anyone else, but I'm digging the classic games CBS, ESPN, etc have been airing. Pretty cool to watch the 1992 Duke/Kentucky game.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                On Thursday I was thinking they should just replay the 2010 tournament in it’s entirety. Or pick any other year - just for the normalcy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                  Yeah those have been pleasant surprises I have had those on at work between calls watching throw back games.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

For those that maybe haven't seen it yet. GoJacksMBB is hosting a greatest Jacks MBB moment of all time tourney on twitter. The tourney opened today with the Sid Bostic shot vs the 130pt Savannah State game.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post

NCAA is backing spring sports to retain a year of eligibility.
                      https://www.espn.com/college-sports/...ibility-relief
                      NCAA Div. I council voted today to grant extra season to spring sport athletes. Said no to winter sports, as expected.

Comment

NCAA Div. I council voted today to grant extra season to spring sport athletes. Said no to winter sports, as expected.
                        I'm wondering how accurate Kirk Herbstreit's prediction about possible 2020 FB season cancellation might be. At least one official has indicated playing in Spring 2021 might be an option for FB

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

I'm wondering how accurate Kirk Herbstreit's prediction about possible 2020 FB season cancellation might be. At least one official has indicated playing in Spring 2021 might be an option for FB
                          I was talking to my wife about this and I mentioned the same thing. Unless they have enough testing supplies and can test teams on a weekly basis maybe, but when only fraction of the population has been sick so far, the disease will probably be a concern until there is a vaccine. Even if it follows the path of the flu and other virus in the summer and is less contagious at that time, but once fall starts its probably right back in the same problem. Unless they find some other medications in the next 3 months that severely shortens the duration of the disease, the intensity in which it affects and kills people but I just cant see how that will happen. As a MLB fan it was a sad day when opening day came and went. that's like one of the favorite days of the year.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

The Governor predicted today that the virus won't peak in SD until July or August. If that is the case, it's going to be hard to have on-campus classes in the fall, much less football.

Comment

The Governor predicted today that the virus won't peak in SD until July or August. If that is the case, it's going to be hard to have on-campus classes in the fall, much less football.
                              Personally, I'd lean toward the season being delayed at best. Unfortunately, any predictions the state is making are grounded on a foundation of grossly inadequate testing.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post

I was talking to my wife about this and I mentioned the same thing. Unless they have enough testing supplies and can test teams on a weekly basis maybe, but when only fraction of the population has been sick so far, the disease will probably be a concern until there is a vaccine. Even if it follows the path of the flu and other virus in the summer and is less contagious at that time, but once fall starts its probably right back in the same problem. Unless they find some other medications in the next 3 months that severely shortens the duration of the disease, the intensity in which it affects and kills people but I just cant see how that will happen. As a MLB fan it was a sad day when opening day came and went. that's like one of the favorite days of the year.
                                I hear you about baseball. I realize sports are inconsequential by comparison, but it was poignant, nonetheless.

Comment

Working...
                                X