Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best for SDSU--USD? Augie? Both? Neither?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best for SDSU--USD? Augie? Both? Neither?

Originally posted by g_mandakota
    There is a post over on the Coyote Board.  According to the Coyote Board, the following email was sent out to all faculty and students:

Quote from Coyote Board:
    The University of South Dakota is a research university with a broad array of
    undergraduate, graduate and professional degree programs. These academic
    characteristics are more consistent with Division I institutions than with those in Division II. USD?s peer institutions, regionally and nationally, sponsor Division I athletic programs, either through an individual sport or the entire program.
    Every flagship institution in the United States classifies at least one sport at the Division I level, and most classify their entire athletic programs at that level. Although, the University of North Dakota has sponsored Division I programs for several years in men?s and recently in women?s hockey, their recent announcement indicates an intent to have all sports competing at the Division I level, consistent with its flagship designation. In addition, South Dakota is the only state in the United States that does not have its flagship and primary land grant institution sponsoring DI athletics.

I thought SDSU was the land grant institution for South Dakota?

This is just another of their attempts to become by declaration something they are not:

* Extrodinary

* South Dakota's Team

* Princeton on the Prairie

* South Dakota's Land Grant University

* The Flagship University of South Dakota

It is really comical that they just can't seem to settle on which lie they want to run with. All of South Dakota is amused by their attempts to become significant by their advertising and promotional schemes. Adolf Hitler believed if you told a lie often enough people would believe it eventually. South Dakotans are too smart for that, though.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

Re: Best for SDSU--USD? Augie? Both? Neither?

Originally posted by g_mandakota
      There is a post over on the Coyote Board.  According to the Coyote Board, the following email was sent out to all faculty and students:

Quote from Coyote Board:
      The University of South Dakota is a research university with a broad array of
      undergraduate, graduate and professional degree programs. These academic
      characteristics are more consistent with Division I institutions than with those in Division II. USD?s peer institutions, regionally and nationally, sponsor Division I athletic programs, either through an individual sport or the entire program.
      Every flagship institution in the United States classifies at least one sport at the Division I level, and most classify their entire athletic programs at that level. Although, the University of North Dakota has sponsored Division I programs for several years in men?s and recently in women?s hockey, their recent announcement indicates an intent to have all sports competing at the Division I level, consistent with its flagship designation. In addition, South Dakota is the only state in the United States that does not have its flagship and primary land grant institution sponsoring DI athletics.

I thought SDSU was the land grant institution for South Dakota?

I got a nice little email from the Vice President for Marketing, Enrollment & Student Services when I emailed him about that claim this morning I must say it made me chuckle a little bit.

Comment

Working...
      X