USD (Coyotes) Go D-I

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USD (Coyotes) Go D-I

now that youre officially going D1, coyotefan, you shouldnt be spending so much time over here, posting stupid crap and try to get more poster on your board. right now its just you and yote53 that post, thats gotta be a lot of fun for ya. as for the all the hate that sdsu has right now, where do you see that at? we are even close to reacting the same as you and your coyote fans did 4 yrs ago and continuted to "hate" for the last four years. youre the ones with the "hate state" shirts. i havent seen the word hate in any posts on this board.

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan

Just ask yourself this question, what is more embarrasing actually having an administrator that commits unethical behavior or having fans that make light of it. People that are making light of it aren't breaking any laws. The person that committed that behavior did, end of story. So before you start ridiculing others take a look in your own backyard before throwing stones at the USD people. Actually right now most of the hatred is coming from SDSU people right now.
      But who wore the "Beat State, not your wife" T-shirts? Boy, you have some real classy fans down there. Oh and in case you don't recoginze it, this is called "Sarcasm".
      I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

"fan" is short for "fanatic."

Nobody's going to change anybody's mind about this "rivalry" around here. I confess that it was a mistake to try.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

There are incidences that have happened in this rivalry in just about every meeting on the basketball court. It will be rekindled but it probably won't be until USD is through the transition period unless mandated by a conference schedule!

If it is, all of the games will be played in Brookings! Why?

1. The lack of respect the fans in Vermillion showed the Jacks when they came to town. There is very little control of the fans. Does anybody remember when the parent of a USD player ran onto the court and shoved an SDSU player (Schantz I believe) after a clean, hard foul? They didn't even kick him out when he should have been arrested!

2. The DakotaDump is a horrible venue for basketball!

3. MOST IMPORTANT! USD tried everything to block SDSU's move to D-1. SDSU won't fight USD's move but there won't be any help from SDSU either. USD will have to put the rope around it's own neck and jump from the tree!

4. It isn't as big of deal to SDSU fans as it is for USD fans. I sense a large part of the reason used decided to make the move was to rekindle the USD-SDSU rivalry. Frankly, SDSU fans have moved on to where it isn't a big deal. SDSU fans are excited to begin play in the Mid-Con next year and competing for championships. Sure, SDSU fans will be ready to play the games again when USD is a counter on the schedule but that isn't until 2012-2013.

GO JACKRABBITS and Screw the U because the U is screwed!

SUPERBUNNY
          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I'm holding my tongue as best as I can.  USD administration, coaches, athletes, students, alumni and fans can approach this decision as they wish but I have some expectations of them.  Right now its too early to pass judgement based on a few arrogant USD "fanatics" who are distracted by a forum dedicated to SDSU and SDSU fan's perspective.

Plenty of questions remain for those in the house of the coyote.  The least of those is when SDSU will invite them to play in Brookings again.  Face the facts, the ball is in our court and thats where it will stay.

The focus in Vermillion and coyote county (yes county) ought to be very narrow.  Let those who have blazed the trail continue to lead and accept your role as a follower.  If you can do that, you are much more likely to be welcome to the party.  Arrogance is tough to overcome, I'll give coyote fan some time.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY
              3.  MOST IMPORTANT!  USD tried everything to block SDSU's move to D-1.  SDSU won't fight USD's move but there won't be any help from SDSU either.  USD will have to put the rope around it's own neck and jump from the tree!

SUPERBUNNY

USD did not try to block SDSU's move up. They voted for moving the NCC up to D1. Yes, you can say that we are following your move. But you guys followed UNC's move and they followed somebody elses move. Do you think you guys were the first program to move up from D2 to D1? Obviously no.

Comment

Originally posted by StormnNorman
                [quote author=SUPERBUNNY link=1164833073/105#108 date=1165071805]
                3. MOST IMPORTANT! USD tried everything to block SDSU's move to D-1. SDSU won't fight USD's move but there won't be any help from SDSU either. USD will have to put the rope around it's own neck and jump from the tree!

SUPERBUNNY

USD did not try to block SDSU's move up. They voted for moving the NCC up to D1. Yes, you can say that we are following your move. But you guys followed UNC's move and they followed somebody elses move. Do you think you guys were the first program to move up from D2 to D1? Obviously no. [/quote]

You guys he's really right. I mean USD didn't get that whole thing about no additional student fees passed. And they certainly didn't have guys in the state legislature trying to stop our move unless we gained conference affiliation. And I'm sure they didn't have anything to do with all of the anti-D-I editorials coming out in newspapers in the area. Oh, they also really did a great job of scheduling us after we left the NCC, I mean, how would we have gotten through the transition with out them? And all of the comments from their administration were EXTREMELY helpful, I mean really, Abbot was down there saying "anything you need, we'll help you".

Give me a break, Abbot did every single thing he could think of to stop us, and thats going to bite him in the a$$ in the next couple of years. You can try to revise history, but the people that could help USD are going to remember what happened no matter what you say. Good luck in the move!

Comment

USD did not try to block SDSU's move up. They voted for moving the NCC up to D1. Yes, you can say that we are following your move. But you guys followed UNC's move and they followed somebody elses move. Do you think you guys were the first program to move up from D2 to D1? Obviously no.  
                  StormanNorman it looks like you picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

Also, I haven't seen that anyone here has posted that we didn't follow UNC or NDSU!  It was the best decision for SDSU which your leaders have chosen for USD!  

Make no mistake about it, USD is following SDSU! I guess chasing the Jackrabbits is better than chasing your tail!

SUPERBUNNY
                  MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by StormnNorman
                    USD did not try to block SDSU's move up.  They voted for moving the NCC up to D1.  Yes, you can say that we are following your move.  But you guys followed UNC's move and they followed somebody elses move.  Do you think you guys were the first program to move up from D2 to D1?  Obviously no.  
                    This kind of attitude is exactly what USD doesn't need. Here is a little help. Take if you want it or leave it if you don't.

#1 Admit that those NCC institutions who moved forward to DI ahead of you were right and you were wrong. SDSU was one of those institutions.

#2 Admit that you were/are bitter that things have worked out almost perfectly for SDSU.

#3 Admit that you are now moving up because of changes that we knew were coming and that nothing has really changed at USD over that last 4 years. This move is about what has changed around you.

#4 Admit that Abbott and Nielsen and whoever else was involved in making the decision about this move has been less than forthright about the details. Including the press conference to announce the official decision.

#5 Admit that your coaches, alumni and supporters used SDSU's decision to move to DI to deceive potential recruits, future players and families about USD's "commitment" to DII, the NCC, and South Dakota. That includes persuading SDSU recruits to attend USD.

#6 Stop the discussion about renewing the rivalry between SDSU and USD. More importantly, admit that SDSU will play you in Brookings, in any sport, anytime and that you have refused. We will decide when we will play USD again. As for a rivalry, well you will have to compete (and not just in name) at our level first.

If you don't like those suggestions thats your problem not ours. We moved forward without USD and will continue to move forward with or without USD. Can you say that? Do you even want to try and do that?

I'll reserve the really hard questions for anyone who can accept some of the suggestions above. Anyone who can't accept those suggestions isn't going to be able to answer those questions.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                    X