Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are the Bison doing it again?  (Men's BB)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Are the Bison doing it again?  (Men's BB)

Originally posted by RabbitinTea
    Was just about to go to bed when I saw the ticker.  Had to get up and check it out online.  I would guess the recruiting trail in Wisconsin just got a little easier for Miles and Co.  That is if NDSU even recruits in Wisconsin.
    Mike Nelson is from Wisconsin. He was Mr. Basketball in 2004 but didn't get recruited by Marquette or Wisconsin. He was the MVP of this tournament.

Comment

I remember talking to my boss earlier this season when Marquette barely won against Idaho St (?). I have been to a couple games and their outside shooting is poor on a good night. I told my boss after the Idaho St game that if I was coaching against Marquette I'd pull back into a tight zone and make someone hit something from the outside. Idaho St barely lost employing that strategy. It was the same strategy NDSU used last year against UW. Really, when you're a team on the low end of athletic talent, playing the possession game and forcing a team to beat you from the outside is usually the answer. NDSU pulled it off to perfection against a top ten team in the country. Marquette is a legit top ten team. Many have them picked to make the final four this year. This is a huge win for the Bison. Congrats.
      "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by tcbison
        [quote author=RabbitinTea link=1165115792/0#11 date=1165125695]Was just about to go to bed when I saw the ticker.  Had to get up and check it out online.  I would guess the recruiting trail in Wisconsin just got a little easier for Miles and Co.  That is if NDSU even recruits in Wisconsin.
        Mike Nelson is from Wisconsin. He was Mr. Basketball in 2004 but didn't get recruited by Marquette or Wisconsin. He was the MVP of this tournament.
        [/quote]

There was some grumbling around the state when Nelson wasn't recruited by either of those schools. If I remember correctly, he wasn't even recruited by UWMilwaukee (they had coach Pearl still) at the time. He was a great high school player, but everyone around here had him as a tweener for what position he could play at the next level and there were questions about his foot quickness. Some of questions were probably coming up when he was playing well enough to earn MVP this past weekend, too. Questions like "why didn't Marquette recruit this guy again?" and the like.
        "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Working...
        X