Frost Arena Atmosphere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Frost Arena Atmosphere

My dad started taking me to games in the Barn when I was 8 or 10 years old. Some 56 or 58 years ago so I have seen most all that has gone on. I do not miss the hate. Hate State means you hate people because SDSU is made up of people. Competition should be what it is and when it is over we should be able to be civil to each other. That is why the tournament games and games with USC have been special. We have enjoyed seeing the good teams come in here. Butler took us to school last year but they were fun to watch. I worked in the public arena most of my life and the one thing I learned was you have to separate your feelings from the issue at hand. I have seen so much hate from the south that I have had it. I saw Paul McDonald get hit with an empty whisky bottle and the sad thing the admistrations from the two schools from the south never did much to stop it. The police used to stand and watch from the end lines at the arena and the Bishop just sat there and watched. I have not always agreed with what Fred has done but he has run a tight ship at the ball games and we have appreciated that. I guess that is what happens when you are perceived to be the king of the hill and the rest are trying to get there. Fred has been quoted as saying he has seen more cooperation at the D1 level than he ever saw on the D2 level. After watching Tennessee play Memphis and Wisconsin play Marquette I suppose we will play the U at some point but if it were my choice we would not. The hate needs to stop and civility and reason start. All I can say this opinion has been earned over these many years. I personally choose not hate the two to the south but I sure do feel sorry for them because their hate will consume them.

Comment

Working...
    X