Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Be grateful for Steve Imming

Originally posted by SDSUJack3031
    [quote author=jackmd link=1171159665/15#24 date=1171593868][quote author=juice link=1171159665/0#10 date=1171256320]
    You aren't really looking to be taken serious here, are you?  This is just too perfect that this comment would come from the most arrogant guy on this site.

As for Kevin Culhane I wouldn't say he's arrogant, but I would say he's a big time homer.  It can be tough to listen to a game, because you don't really know whether you are getting screwed or not.  He acts like every call is so darn bad you just don't know if you should really be upset or not. He also will sometimes get so into the game that he doesn't do a good job of letting the listener know exactly what's going on. I could see where opposing fans would really hate him.

The younger Culhane, Jeff, has a pretty good sports talk show on 1570.  I don't know if many of you ever listen to that, but I think you would find that much better than Kevin Culhane's play by play of games.  He has a good interview with Stig the other day talking about State's recruiting class.

Some Spencer guy and I think Jeff were doing the announcing on the web cast the other night.  I don't know if they always do it, but they were bad.  It was kind of funny.  Even though the announcing was bad, it was very nice getting to see the game, being that I wasn't able to make it.  I wish they were able to do that for road games as well.
    I was listening to Culhane today and he was talking about Kardoes playing for Augie.  He said it won't mean much to USD or other NCC teams because the NCC is essentially equal to the GWFC and IAA football.  Thats not arrogant?  USD was pretty easily handled by a Central Arkansas team that we dominated.  So, Culhane is either arrogant, naive, or both when it comes to this issue and I contend most other issues as they pertain to USD.  He also made it seem like it was a bad idea for an "often-injured" Andy Kardoes.  Culhane is what he is and thats a fact.
    [/quote]

That's completely ridiculous....[/quote]

I'm sure they'll change their tune as soon as they join the Great West and face Davis and Poly. By that time, we'll be living the good life in the Gateway...

Comment

Working...
    X