Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Augie finding a niche

Originally posted by 1bunnies
    My sources tell me that Anthony Watson and Andy Kardoes will play for Augustana next fall. Something about schools that are in transition, blah, blah, blah, and that they each have 1 semester of elgibility left at division 2 school. I wish them well, especially when they play usd2.

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...21/1002/SPORTS

Kardoes to play for Augie
    D-II eligibility rules allow former Jacks QB to suit up

By Matt Zimmer
    mzimmer@argusleader.com
    Published: February 15, 2007

With the graduation of standout Tommy Flyger, the biggest question the Augustana football team needs to answer as they prepare for the 2007 season is at quarterback.

It appears the answer will be Andy Kardoes.

Yes, that Andy Kardoes.

The Algona, Iowa, native, who led South Dakota State to a 7-4 record in the Division I subdivision in 2006, has signed a letter of intent to play quarterback for the Vikings in 2007.

Due to differing rules between Division I and Division II, Kardoes had another year of eligibility remaining in D-II competition, as he received a medical hardship for his freshman year of 2003, when the Jackrabbits were still members of the Division II North Central Conference.

A similar situation allowed former SDSU lineman Taylor Murray to play for North Dakota this past season.

"I knew ever since we made the move to Division I that I had that extra year, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to pursue it," Kardoes said. "I wanted to kind of see how my senior year (at SDSU) would go. I had fun, my back was healthy, and I just love playing football. I want to do it as long as I can." . . . (read more)

Go State!

Comment

Well we been speculating about this and it looks likes its official now
      http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...21/1002/SPORTS
      It appears the answer will be Andy Kardoes.

Yes, that Andy Kardoes.

The Algona, Iowa, native, who led South Dakota State to a 7-4 record in the Division I subdivision in 2006, has signed a letter of intent to play quarterback for the Vikings in 2007.

Due to differing rules between Division I and Division II, Kardoes had another year of eligibility remaining in D-II competition, as he received a medical hardship for his freshman year of 2003, when the Jackrabbits were still members of the Division II North Central Conference.

"I knew ever since we made the move to Division I that I had that extra year, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to pursue it," Kardoes said. "I wanted to kind of see how my senior year (at SDSU) would go. I had fun, my back was healthy, and I just love playing football. I want to do it as long as I can."

Kardoes' last year at SDSU went quite well, as he completed 56 percent of his passes for 1,997 yards and 13 touchdowns, while also rushing for 233 yards. He could be a major factor for a team that went 5-6 last season.
      Looks like 89 and me are on a race to see who can link what first today ;D

Comment

I look forward to watching Andy play some more. What a competitor!
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

It was announced today that Kardoes will be playing his final year of eligibility at Augie. Good luck Andy!

Comment

I think it is a good thing that Andy is going to play for them. He has got a year left, so why not use it? If I was an opponnent of Augie's, I would be scared out of my mind knowing that I am going up against pretty successful Division I quarterback. Good luck to ya Andy.

Comment

Since Coach Stig was speaking highly (and publicly) of Andy's decision, I would also view that as 1) a sign of class by Stig and 2) a sign that Stig thinks highly of Augie as a program. I doubt Stig would have said anything if Andy had went to USD.........

P.S. Andy, I hope you beat the tar out of USD next fall.........

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk78
                Since Coach Stig was speaking highly (and publicly) of Andy's decision, I would also view that as 1) a sign of class by Stig and 2) a sign that Stig thinks highly of Augie as a program. I doubt Stig would have said anything if Andy had went to USD.........

I usually favor Augie when they play USD, now I have even more reason to pull for the doggies and not just against USD.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk78

Exactly. Its about personal choices and whether Andy gets his sheepskin at SDSU or Augie, it will have a blue cover. The future employers will not really care that much except for what the transcripts say and do they match Andy's resume.

Comment

Working...
                  X