Re: Help

Originally posted by SD-STATE
    An easy victory.
    A VERY easy victory.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
      [quote author=filbert link=1173731536/0#12 date=1174422069]
      They've built a pretty decent Division II program . . . I really have no idea who they have coming back next year, so I'll give you the generic NCC D-II vs. FCS preview:

you'll probably see some good skill position players, and some decent linemen with pretty good size, but they won't have the depth of an FCS program.  If you let them hang around and get the idea that they can play with you, they could be trouble.  Best to put them away by halftime.
      They've got a solid QB, 1 decent WR for the DII level, lost their quick but undersized RB not sure who will replace him.  I think their O-line is solid but not deep as Filbert stated.  Defense is decent their 2-deep should be child's play for McNeese.  UND hung around against UNI and stole one in Iowa last year.  I suppose USD could pull off a similar coup.  

They will say the Cent Ark game was one of their worst.  Don't play them in the DakotaDump they could beat LSU at home.  : [/quote]
      I disagree. LSU could run backwards the whole game and still beat usd2 in the dakotadump.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies
        [quote author=SD-STATE link=1173731536/0#11 date=1174421768]An easy victory.
        A VERY easy victory.[/quote]

Especially if USD decides to bus the team down there............

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk78
          [quote author=1bunnies link=1173731536/15#15 date=1174427655][quote author=SD-STATE link=1173731536/0#11 date=1174421768]An easy victory.
          A VERY easy victory.[/quote]

Especially if USD decides to bus the team down there............[/quote]

Well that would be their built in excuse for the loss.

Comment

This is not a smack thread, folks . . . thanks.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Seriously, the USD coach is a good coach. He came out of the U of Wisconsin-XXX ranks (not LaCrosse but I can't remember which one and I'm not going to look it up) which is a good, competitive D-III league known for lots of exciting passing. The USD guys will play with pride so while McNeese will be heavily favored, you'll have to watch out for a spoiler (speaking of LaCrosse....).

Good luck in the season, Doc.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies
                [ I disagree. LSU could run backwards the whole game and still beat usd2 in the dakotadump.
                Don't let the sarcasm hit you in the rear on the way out the door. Meierkort was at UW-Stout (10 plus years I think) before coming to USD. He is a no BS guy and has a good DII program. If USD backs him with scholarships they will continue to compete at the FCS level.

No one expected LaCrosse to come into CAS and do what they did. McNeese had better come to play. I spoke to Meierkort early last season and he did not expect to go into Conway, AK and compete. He didn't feel they were deep enough. He'll take the same approach this year and he will have his kids ready to pull an upset. That said, I hope you kick their arses. Silly coyoteeees!!
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I would of said that USD's major problem was team speed against UCA. Meierkort said it many times. McNeese is at a whole different level than UCA. UCA is in transition as well, even thought they went 63 right in their first year. While superior team speed doesn't neccessarily mean a victory, SDSU got a win, we have a few more horses in the stable compared to USD. I will comend USD for scheduling a decent team for next year. Minnesota-Crookston must have finally dropped to D3 and were no longer available.

Sorry, I couldn't resist that last line. :-[ 8-)

Comment

USD to play McNeese State in 2007

I'm sure most of you who get around on the other boards out there already know that the Yotes are scheduled to visit McNeese this year. SDSU has played McNeese once (or is it twice already?) so I am wondering what your opinion is on how USD will do down there. I personally predict an ass-whup being put on the Yotes. If they can't even get by Central Arkansas, McNeese is going to put a hurtin' on them. Especially down there as I hear their crowds are pretty gonzo. Maybe the best thing to come out of this trip for USD is they can come back with some good cajun recipes. On a note 'closer to home' , I am predicting UND to beat SUU. I hope I'm wrong on that one. What do you think, Jacks fans??

Comment

Re: USD to play McNeese State in 2007

Originally posted by ndsubison
                      I'm sure most of you who get around on the other boards out there already know that the Yotes are scheduled to visit McNeese this year.  SDSU has played McNeese once (or is it twice already?) so I am wondering what your opinion is on how USD will do down there.  I personally predict an ass-whup being put on the Yotes.  If they can't even get by Central Arkansas, McNeese is going to put a hurtin' on them.  Especially down there as I hear their crowds are pretty gonzo.  Maybe the best thing to come out of this trip for USD is they can come back with some good cajun recipes.  On a note 'closer to home' , I am predicting UND to beat SUU.  I hope I'm wrong on that one.  What do you think, Jacks fans??
                      Check out the "Help" thread in Jackrabbit Football.

Comment

I think that McNeese will win, but seeing that the Coyotes are future GWFC members I will be pulling for USD.

Comment

Originally posted by ndsubison
                          I'm sure most of you who get around on the other boards out there already know that the Yotes are scheduled to visit McNeese this year.  SDSU has played McNeese once (or is it twice already?) so I am wondering what your opinion is on how USD will do down there.  I personally predict an ass-whup being put on the Yotes.  If they can't even get by Central Arkansas, McNeese is going to put a hurtin' on them.  Especially down there as I hear their crowds are pretty gonzo.  Maybe the best thing to come out of this trip for USD is they can come back with some good cajun recipes.  On a note 'closer to home' , I am predicting UND to beat SUU.  I hope I'm wrong on that one.  What do you think, Jacks fans??
                          I think UND has a great chance to beat SUU, anyone who won't admit that is lying to themselves.  UND beat UNI and SUU ain't no UNI.  As for the coyoteees at McNeese, very embarassing for the boys from McNeese to lose that one.  Meierkort will have a game plan but I don't think he will have the talent.  However, UW-L beat us at CAS so anything is possible.

P.S. This post will be moved in less than 10 minutes and I agree with that decision.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

On any given day, a team can win or lose. :-/ :-/ :-/

Comment

If nothing else it will be a good FCS experience for the team and fans.

Comment

Working...
                              X