Congrats to Winona State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Congrats to Winona State

This would be the 1st perfect season since Fort Hays State in 1996 for d2 basketball.

Comment

Winona State is on Keloland/CBS right now if anyone cares to take a peek.

Comment

Anyone just see the ending of this one?

Winona was up 7 with less than a minute to go - loses by 2 on a layup to end the game.  Lots of turnovers by Winona at the end - Even though I was going for Winona, it was a fun game to watch.

Comment

Division 2 or not, that was one crazy ending.

Comment

Unbelievable!!!!!

I don't wish that ending on anyone! What a horrid way for Winona's run to end!

They must be sick!!!!!

SUPERBUNNY
            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SD-STATE
              Division 2 or not, that was one crazy ending.
              Agreed, anything can happen at the end of a championship BB game. Ask Fred Brown about that.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Regardless of the ending, it has been a great 2 year run by Winona State. Congrats to them.

Comment

Congratulation to Winona State. I was working at a youth BB tourney all day yesterday and didn't see Sportscenter till this AM and saw the last few baskets. What a tough way to go out, but what a great run they had.

Comment

According to D2 Football board, the young man from Barton (where ever that is located at) scored the winning basket in all three games of the Elite Eight. That is as remarkable as Winona's win streak. Basketball tourneys are always full of surprises, D2 is no exception. Congradulations to Winona on their long win streak. Its going to be hard for anyone to duplicate.

Comment

Originally posted by Haldersham
                      According to D2 Football board, the young man from Barton (where ever that is located at) scored the winning basket in all three games of the Elite Eight. That is as remarkable as Winona's win streak. Basketball tourneys are always full of surprises, D2 is no exception. Congradulations to Winona on their long win streak. Its going to be hard for anyone to duplicate.

That is one of my favorite things that has come about by our move to D-I, we don't have to ask that question much anymore.  I am sure there were folks in Wilson, NC (home of Barton College) that were asking themselves the same thing about Winona State.  

In our WNIT run it was nice to face Illinois State, Indiana, and Wyoming.  It is just a whole different experience.

Go State!  

Comment

I watched most of the game; that ending was one to see. Sad to see Winona's defeat but two lazy mistakes cost them the title. Barton never gave up so the credit belongs to them.

Comment

Here is the You-Tube video of the ending of the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFYnersg2Us

That was a crazy ending!!
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Working...
                          X