Augie signs TV Deal with KELO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Augie signs TV Deal with KELO

Here is additional info about the America Channel deal with the Summit League:

http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread.php?t=5353

and Gateway deal:

http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread.php?t=5524

Go State!

Comment

There's a reason why some college and professional games are blacked out in the area where the game is being played. Local broadcasts may cause some to skip buying a ticket to see a game in person. That's okay if the school is getting paid for the broadcast rights. Does anyone know if Augie or USD is being paid? The exposure is nice for those schools and I don't want to take that away from them but right now SDSU has to focus on dollars and that means getting fans in the stands. I think SDSU is doing a good job and I predict football attendance will be greater this year than last. I'm not going to get too concerned about having a Sioux Falls TV station broadcast the games until Coughlin is sold out on a regular basis.

Comment

That may be true, but the added exposure can also be the driving force for getting more people motivated to attend the games. The level of FB to played at Coughlin this year is going to be outstanding, the more exposure it gets, the more likely people will come in the future.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

The better question to ask is whether or not USD or Augie are paying to have their games broadcast as in the past. SDSU's stance is that Division I schools do not pay to have their games broadcast, as they are considered a revenue source.

Comment

Originally posted by sfsd View Post
            The better question to ask is whether or not USD or Augie are paying to have their games broadcast as in the past. SDSU's stance is that Division I schools do not pay to have their games broadcast, as they are considered a revenue source.
            This is the question that requires an answer. I suspect both DII schools are funding the broadcasts one way or another. I don't doubt that our athletic dept is actively involved in negotiations involving sponsors and networks.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

More specifically, the question would be, if they are paying for the broadcast, who's getting the money from the advertising? I bring it up because in NDSU's old media deal, NDSU was paid for the media rights, while in the new deal, NDSU effectively buys blocks of radio/tv time and sells the advertising spots themselves.

Comment

Working...
              X