• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTownJack
    replied
    Re: TX Tech Women's BB Coach

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    When the job description included the WNBA playing years counting towards coaching experience, that told me they were opening the door for her.
    I would agree with you...having that wording in the job posting was almost an invitation to Whalen. I agree with the poster above that this model has proven to work at South Carolina...and worked well. I just don't see it working everywhere. I wish Lindsey the best of luck and better her than AJ (for selfish reasons of course)!

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied

When the job description included the WNBA playing years counting towards coaching experience, that told me they were opening the door for her.

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied

Originally posted by Rabbitball View Post
    That account nailed everything happening with TT before and after they were talking with Stollings, only reason I'm giving it credibility.

To answer some questions above because I can't figure out how to do the multiple reply...

You don't apply to these kinds of jobs.

Minnesota has male head coaches in their other two big women's sports, hockey and volleyball.
    Minnesota has zero minority head coaches in any sport.
    When you have a really good candidate available like buffalo HC Legette-Jack who checks both boxes, the writing is on the wall. I'd be shocked if she isn't hired.
    Her big negative was her Big 10 record when she was head coach at Indiana.

Leave a comment:

• SDSUAlum08
    replied

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
    Good luck to U of M on this one. Let's hire a former player who's never coached a day in her life.....and then, let's continue to let her play in the WNBA while she's still our head coach. Please U of M, do this so I can laugh my a$$ off in 3 years when your WBB program still sucks. I hope for U of M's sake, this remains a rumor.
    Yeah this is incredible. Maybe all the MN girls will want to play for her? That’s their only hope I think.

Leave a comment:

• YanktonJack7
    replied

Lindsay Whalen hired as Gopher WBB Coach

Leave a comment:

• Rabbitball
    replied

That account only has 273 followers and 59 tweets so I'm not going to put much stock into it. The Star Tribune on the other hand has listed AJ as a possible replacement:

http://www.startribune.com/marlene-s...job/479181053/
    That account nailed everything happening with TT before and after they were talking with Stollings, only reason I'm giving it credibility.

To answer some questions above because I can't figure out how to do the multiple reply...

You don't apply to these kinds of jobs.

Minnesota has male head coaches in their other two big women's sports, hockey and volleyball.
    Minnesota has zero minority head coaches in any sport.
    When you have a really good candidate available like buffalo HC Legette-Jack who checks both boxes, the writing is on the wall. I'd be shocked if she isn't hired.

Leave a comment:

• BTownJack
    replied

That account only has 273 followers and 59 tweets so I'm not going to put much stock into it. The Star Tribune on the other hand has listed AJ as a possible replacement:

http://www.startribune.com/marlene-s...job/479181053/

Leave a comment:

• UWMandSDSU
    replied

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    Wondering where you have seen AJ mentioned as a top 3. The Twin Cities people I follow that have been speculating about this have talked about Ivey and Legette-Jack being on the short list, but I haven't seen any buzz concerning AJ other than being on the general list of possible candidates. Doesn't mean he may not be high on the list though.
    https://twitter.com/theballoutmedia/...17650476863488

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied

According to the twitters the top 3 candidates are AJ, Notre dame assistant Ivey, and Buffalo HC Legette-Jack. Two minority females. Gonna stick with my original prediction and say that AJ is the 3rd choice here.
    Wondering where you have seen AJ mentioned as a top 3. The Twin Cities people I follow that have been speculating about this have talked about Ivey and Legette-Jack being on the short list, but I haven't seen any buzz concerning AJ other than being on the general list of possible candidates. Doesn't mean he may not be high on the list though.

Leave a comment:

• SF_Rabbit_Fan
    replied

According to the twitters the top 3 candidates are AJ, Notre dame assistant Ivey, and Buffalo HC Legette-Jack. Two minority females. Gonna stick with my original prediction and say that AJ is the 3rd choice here.
    Why would that put AJ at a disadvantage?

Leave a comment:

• 98Jackfarmer
    replied

We won't ever know that.
    Gotcha

Leave a comment:

• BTownJack
    replied

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
    Did he apply?
    We won't ever know that.

Leave a comment:

• 98Jackfarmer
    replied

Did he apply?

Leave a comment:

• Rabbitball
    replied

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied

Good luck to U of M on this one. Let's hire a former player who's never coached a day in her life.....and then, let's continue to let her play in the WNBA while she's still our head coach. Please U of M, do this so I can laugh my a$$ off in 3 years when your WBB program still sucks. I hope for U of M's sake, this remains a rumor.
    It would be high risk but it did work with Dawn Staley.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X