X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDSUAlum08
    replied
    Re: TX Tech Women's BB Coach

I’ll just say that I heard AJ was interviewing down in Texas early this week.

Leave a comment:

• thumper_76
    replied

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    I have no illusions that AJ is going to coach here forever, but with the team he has returning it would surprise me if this is the job that takes him away. The way it sounds on their message board, there are less than a handful of scholarship players returning, so it would be almost a complete rebuild. And with a young family and both sets of grandparents relatively close, it seems like Texas would be a long distance away. If this job was somewhere in the Upper Midwest it would worry me more than Lubbock, Texas does.
    If you think that a job in the Big XII is nothing to worry about being able to pull away any of our coaches you need to get your reality checked tbh. Either that or you’re really all in on the wishful thinking. I’m quite certain that would come with a hefty bump in the paycheck as well as the prestige. How much truth is to the rumors of him being interviewed there is a different story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied

I have no illusions that AJ is going to coach here forever, but with the team he has returning it would surprise me if this is the job that takes him away. The way it sounds on their message board, there are less than a handful of scholarship players returning, so it would be almost a complete rebuild. And with a young family and both sets of grandparents relatively close, it seems like Texas would be a long distance away. If this job was somewhere in the Upper Midwest it would worry me more than Lubbock, Texas does.

Leave a comment:

• jacks1
    replied

https://theraiderland.com/as-the-tex...ys-developing/

Leave a comment:

• JackJD
    started a topic TX Tech Women's BB Coach

TX Tech Women's BB Coach

...Candi Whitaker was fired a number of weeks ago after having little luck with winning at Lubbock. [Those who have been following the Summit League since SDSU joined, will recall Whitaker was the coach ate UMKC for several years before returning to her alma mater, Texas Tech, to lead the Red Raiders.] The search is on. Some sources speculate SDSU's Aaron Johnston would be a good candidate. Here's a March 8 SBNation blog with a blogger's speculation mentioning Coach AJ: https://www.vivathematadors.com/2018...-search-begins
Working...
X