2016 Big 12 Basketball Tourney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Big 12 Basketball Tourney

Going with 4 other guys, no tickets at this time. StubHub has options but the cost is a little more than we are comfortable with.

Anyone have any experience scalping tickets on the street around the stadium for this tourney? Thanks.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: 2016 Big 12 Basketball Tourney

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    Going with 4 other guys, no tickets at this time. StubHub has options but the cost is a little more than we are comfortable with.

Anyone have any experience scalping tickets on the street around the stadium for this tourney? Thanks.
    Any session that Kansas is in . . . good luck trying to get tickets, and be prepared to pay dearly for them.

Same thing but slightly less emphatic for Iowa State.

Sessions without KU might, possibly, be available. Honestly, your best bet is probably to go with somebody like Tickets For Less . . . they're a local KC area ticket broker. I've bought from them occasionally (Royals, mostly, but occasional KU tickets) and they've always had really good pricing. Plus, they guarantee your tickets . . . you can't be sure if a ticket you buy from a scalper on the street won't be counterfeit.

I have no interest in them other than a satisfied former (and likely future) customer . . . plus they're the guys who (reportedly) bought that Laker fan the tickets to Kobe's last game after StubHub (reportedly) stiffed the guy. Article here.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I hope you can have someone there for the two play in games Wednesday night to buy from the losers. Seats may be reasonable also.

Cheer for K State to lose and be sure to tell the sellers in purple that these tickets will not go to KU fans.

The Power and Light District west of the Sprint Center is where all the non BB action is.

There is a parking ramp on the West side of Oak St. between 11th and 12th. It's several blocks north so may have some room if you can't do better.

It will be a great time! The non KU, KSU locals really like the ISU fans and vice versa.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
        Any session that Kansas is in . . . good luck trying to get tickets, and be prepared to pay dearly for them.

Same thing but slightly less emphatic for Iowa State.

Sessions without KU might, possibly, be available. Honestly, your best bet is probably to go with somebody like Tickets For Less . . . they're a local KC area ticket broker. I've bought from them occasionally (Royals, mostly, but occasional KU tickets) and they've always had really good pricing. Plus, they guarantee your tickets . . . you can't be sure if a ticket you buy from a scalper on the street won't be counterfeit.

I have no interest in them other than a satisfied former (and likely future) customer . . . plus they're the guys who (reportedly) bought that Laker fan the tickets to Kobe's last game after StubHub (reportedly) stiffed the guy. Article here.
        Great advice. Tickets for Less looks great!! We are staying down by the arena so parking and transportation will not be an issue. Uber or a cab or like last year in Chicago a limo service... 2 will be Iowa St fans, 1 KSU and 1 KU.....We don't really care what sessions we see, just being in the area during the tourney is a blast.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
          Great advice. Tickets for Less looks great!! We are staying down by the arena so parking and transportation will not be an issue. Uber or a cab or like last year in Chicago a limo service... 2 will be Iowa St fans, 1 KSU and 1 KU.....We don't really care what sessions we see, just being in the area during the tourney is a blast.
          Ill second Tickets for Less. Use them frequently for KU tickets.
          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
            Ill second Tickets for Less. Use them frequently for KU tickets.
            Bought tickets for Thursday AM session and Friday session. Gonna check out scalpers when we get there.

Where's the best place for a nice steak?

Comment

I have reservations at the 801 Chophouse for now.

Comment

Plaza III would be my choice but it's hard to go wrong!

Three good spots a short way away in the Freight House Dist, Jack Stack for BBQ (A must IMO), Lidia's for Italian and Grunauer for German.

Old favorites Savoy Grill and Golden Ox are gone and Hereford House is in the 'Burbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post

Three good spots a short way away in the Freight House Dist, Jack Stack for BBQ (A must IMO), Lidia's for Italian and Grunauer for German.

Old favorites Savoy Grill and Golden Ox are gone and Hereford House is in the 'Burbs.
                  Agree with Roy, Plaza III. Delicious, old school. There are a few new BBQ places that my friends have raved about. They are in Westport. Q39 and Char Bar.
                  "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                  "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

I want to mention Arthur Bryant's BBQ at 18th & Brooklyn. Google it! When we moved here in 1965 Municipal Stadium was just up the hill at 22nd.
                    Charlie Finley's A's were there and the Chiefs were just moving in from Dallas. It occupied just one square block. Truman Sports Complex opened in about 1973.

Arthur is in heaven but his sauce recipe is still in the drawer. I worked downtown and have been going there for lunch for 50 years but have not been there for a while. Hope it's still an experience.

Comment

Thanks again!! Staying in the Plaza and aware of the Plaza III. Wanting to be in the Power and Light district that evening though, 801 is right there. Already had plans to hit Jack Stack, will definitely look into the Grunauer.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                        Agree with Roy, Plaza III. Delicious, old school. There are a few new BBQ places that my friends have raved about. They are in Westport. Q39 and Char Bar.
                        Staying in the plaza so we will do lunch at Q39 or the Char Bar on Friday and Saturday.

Comment

Supposedly, the Golden Ox is coming back. Can't imagine it will be the same. Man, that place had atmosphere, and dang good steaks.
                          @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                          --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

It was announced yesterday that Leinenkugel's will open at 1383 Walnut on Monday, 3/7 in the
                            P&L District. Impeccable timing. Could be a popular place! Local chef, local menu.
                            Hope your dance card has some wiggle room!

Comment

It was announced yesterday that Leinenkugel's will open at 1383 Walnut on Monday, 3/7 in the
                              P&L District. Impeccable timing. Could be a popular place! Local chef, local menu.
                              Hope your dance card has some wiggle room!
                              We will make wiggle room.

Comment

Working...
                              X