Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD loses 2 players

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    Or if he or someone representing him was doing it behind their back it would be ethically proper for the program or programs contacted to make USD aware.

Not saying this is what happened but someone is telling me this is what happened.

Either way, Smith runs the program and its his call, every time, all the time. You can't let a player or even several break major rules like this and not have major consequences. I feel bad for Shy and his situation but support Coach Smith 100% based on what I know. SDSU certainly has had some interesting departures from the basketball program since the DI transition and so has EVERY OTHER program in the nation. This is not a big deal.
    If what you're saying is correct I guess there is/was more to the story.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
      Or if he or someone representing him was doing it behind their back it would be ethically proper for the program or programs contacted to make USD aware.

Not saying this is what happened but someone is telling me this is what happened.

Either way, Smith runs the program and its his call, every time, all the time. You can't let a player or even several break major rules like this and not have major consequences. I feel bad for Shy and his situation but support Coach Smith 100% based on what I know. SDSU certainly has had some interesting departures from the basketball program since the DI transition and so has EVERY OTHER program in the nation. This is not a big deal.
      That makes sense why USD (Coach Smith) would have suspended him (if this was the story).

Comment

I think Craig Smith is a classy guy. Down the road they will be tough to beat. It looks to me that two SA had remorse for showing up in Vermillion. I don't think they understand commitment.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          I think Craig Smith is a classy guy. Down the road they will be tough to beat. It looks to me that two SA had remorse for showing up in Vermillion. I don't think they understand commitment.
          They lose Kasperbauer plus three other seniors that play big minutes - they will have a hard time matching this year's record unless they have lots of talent red shirting or coming in as freshmen next year.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            They lose Kasperbauer plus three other seniors that play big minutes - they will have a hard time matching this year's record unless they have lots of talent red shirting or coming in as freshmen next year.
            Apparently there are 3 players red shirting that would be starting or playing big minutes this year. All transfers maybe? I'm not sure.
            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
              Apparently there are 3 players red shirting that would be starting or playing big minutes this year. All transfers maybe? I'm not sure.
              I thoight they had some last year who were suppose to play this year.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                My down the road meant two to three years, not necessarily next year. Good points though!
                Last edited by Nidaros; 02-13-2016, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                  3 transfers. Matt Mooney from Air Force, Trey Dickerson from Iowa, and Carlton Hurst from Colorado State. Tyler Borchers is also red-shirting this year

Comment

Originally posted by FeaRed View Post
                    3 transfers. Matt Mooney from Air Force, Trey Dickerson from Iowa, and Carlton Hurst from Colorado State. Tyler Borchers is also red-shirting this year
                    All talented players I am sure. Certainly should have the tools to move the program forward. Doesn't mean that will happen, I'd say the future looks fairly bright however.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                    X