WAC could be in trouble again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WAC could be in trouble again

Chicago State is in financial trouble - so the WAC is in trouble.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/c...204-story.html

Re: WAC could be in trouble again

I can't readily access the story about Chicago State, but I think Western Illinois and Southern Illinois are struggling, too. Illinois schools, as a whole, are struggling financially.
    This space for lease.

Comment

If the WAC starts to tip over, it would seem that UMKC will need a landing spot. I am not certain there is another team that would fit the footprint of the Summit. The Roos sit on I-29. The Summit could use more teams for the basketball conference which could relieve some scheduling problems for OOC teams.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

If Chicago States folds conference would be down to 7. What an odd assortment of teams. Would love to see UMKC back to the Summit and add UND.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
          I am not certain there is another team that would fit the footprint of the Summit. The Roos sit on I-29. The Summit could use more teams for the basketball conference which could relieve some scheduling problems for OOC teams.
          I would agree 100% on the footprint. One would imagine that the SL would like to have the KC TV market back in the league. Sad to see what's happen to the WAC. That was a solid conference before all of the conference realignments started happening.

Comment

I agree with OldHare and JGII. It would be nice to get KC back in Summit. UND, too, if the Fighting Hawks would come to their senses. The Summit is only team or two away from being in deep do-do itself.
            This space for lease.

Comment

Working...
            X