• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: End of FBS v FCS?

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
    Here is your explanation:

1. See thread title.

2. Go research how many P5 schools scheduled 2 FCS games this year and report back.

3. Is restricting something that isn't really occurring all over FBS really restricting? What if the City of Sioux Falls mandated that you could only eat a maximum of 500 Whoppers in a day?

4. Your post is full of speculative "what if's"? How am I supposed to respond to every crystal ball scenario? Of course they could eliminate FCS games. The government could also ban football. Alas, I would ask that you review the initial post in the thread, which is the thesis to debate.
    The ACC has also capped FCS games to 1 per school. The ACC and SEC have both talked about moving to a 9 game conference schedule. Both leagues have also mandated at least 1 P5 out of conference games per year. At the very least, the availability of FBS games is much more limited than it was even a few years ago. It isn't all that crazy to look at the trend line and see the writing on the wall.

In the interest of thread drift, IMO the government won't ban football. A combination of rule changes and fewer participants will make it a fringe sport in 20 years.
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

What I find fascinating is the parallels that can be drawn between the Football Conference issues being discussed here and the beer market. Basically Anheuser InBev is trying its best stifle the craft beer market which would be analogous to the FCS. They have now started to incentivize distributors who carry only Anheuser InBev products and disincentivize carrying some of the larger craft brewers products.

http://m.motherjones.com/tom-philpot...our-craft-beer

It's like The Wizard of Oz they don't want you to see behind the curtain.

With the rash of losses that the power 5 conferences have to FCS teams they are afraid the public will wake up and realize that their football programs are not all that Superior save for maybe the top ten teams any given year.

In which case perhaps fan interest could be diverted from the traditional regional powers (Neb. Iowa etc) to the local favorite team like SDSU or NDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by GrimReaper69 View Post
        I'm sick of you people on this fan board. I wouldn't even call it a fan board. It's a whine board. What a bunch of conceited, fan boys, who think they know it all. Some of you are actually pretty smart. I know a couple of you personally and you guys are pretty smart. But the rest of you.....wow....what a bunch of losers. Get out of your mom's basement and do something with your life like the rest of us in this world. Stop complaining about newspaper articles, or beat writers or coaches who are WAY more qualified to do their job than you are. Ban me for this post for all I care. I will just keep making new profiles and ripping your asses for being complete dumb f*cks! TRUMP FOR PRESIDENT!!!!!
        LakesBison must be off his meds.
        I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Working...
        X