Iowa over USF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iowa over USF

Game ended up Iowa 99, USF 73. USF was down only 6 at the half: Iowa 46, USF 40. Had to be exciting at times in the first half.

Next up, Iowa will host Augustana U on Nov 6. Augie is defending NSIC Champs and a better team than USF. Coach Billiter has coached in the big time (was assistant) and has a great strong forward in 6-9, 240 lb Dan Jansen from Orange City, IA, a senior. Jansen would have been a valuable member of the Jackrabbits team. Iowa should win but Augie will make it entertaining.

Re: Iowa over USF

Augie vs Iowa

Game can be seen here

http://www.btn2go.com/video/broadcas...ovember-6-2015

Comment

40-34 Augie leading at the half

Comment

Augie wins on a last second shot by Jansen 76-74

Comment

Jansen and his team looked good. You can tell they're a veteran club and Jansen deserved the DII Player of the Year distinction he was awarded. I thought they looked like they've already played 10 games.

Comment

It never happened it was an exhibition game.
            Would rather SDSU challenge themselves with a game like that versus the D'2s and NAIA we are playing in exhibition and regular season. Might actually put a few more fans in the stands too.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
              Would rather SDSU challenge themselves with a game like that versus the D'2s and NAIA we are playing in exhibition and regular season. Might actually put a few more fans in the stands too.
              I wonder if the Iowa administration agrees with you...I'm guessing not. Absolutely NOTHING to gain.
              SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN 16m16 minutes ago
                Iowa loses to D-2 Augustana tonight. Augusta is one of best D-2's and is extremely well-coached by Tom Billeter.

Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN 10m10 minutes ago
                I like the fact that Iowa scheduled a non D-1 power in Augustana rather than just scheduling a D-2/3 cupcake.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...-buzzer-beater

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                  I wonder if the Iowa administration agrees with you...I'm guessing not. Absolutely NOTHING to gain.
                  According to Nagy on postgame that is how the Gophers view SDSU.

Comment

I'm fine with exhibition games against top lower level teams but not regular season. Can't afford any D2/NAIA loses when they actually count.

Comment

According to Nagy on postgame that is how the Gophers view SDSU.
                      Yeah I heard him say that also. I don't agree with him. I'm sure Minnesota knows about the Dakota Schools and don't take them lightly. NDSU/SDSU have been solid mid-major programs for the past 4 or 5 years and won some big games. Another thing to add is that the xdsu's aren't D2 programs like a Augie/NSU/USF etc so the wins mean something.

Comment

Shouldn't all this Augie talk be in the "Kinder, Gentler, Nagy" thread?

In all seriousness, Vikings have a good squad and just so happen to have a post in Jansen that would be an All Conference player in a lot of mid-major leagues, including the Summit, so it's not overly surprising that they could pull off an upset against a team like Iowa in an exhibition. Basketball is still a game of skill, and skill can outshine athleticism on any given night, especially early in the college basketball season. Congrats to Augie.
                        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                        - Steven Wright

Comment

Jansen's shot made ESPNS top 10 (#1)

Comment

Augie lost to Washburn(?) tonight 88-86.

It looks like Washburn could win the Summit since they beat Augie (sarcasm)

Comment

Working...
                            X