End of March Madness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End of March Madness?

The NCAA is considering pushing back the start of basketball to the middle of December so it wont be "in the shadows" of football.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ramming-league

Re: End of March Madness?

Moving March Madness to April is blasphemy.

Comment

sounds like the start of a new thread. what would you call it. April ........

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
        sounds like the start of a new thread. what would you call it. April ........
        Apathy

Comment

Well, if the college football season ended on New Year's Day like it used to, it wouldn't be so much of a problem now, would it?

And get off of my lawn!
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

And, has anybody yet noticed that the last game or two of the World Series, if it goes 7 games, will be in NOVEMBER?

We watch the Super Bowl being played in February. Yeah. Football is a "fall" sport.

Damitall, stay off of my lawn!!!
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
              And, has anybody yet noticed that the last game or two of the World Series, if it goes 7 games, will be in NOVEMBER?

We watch the Super Bowl being played in February. Yeah. Football is a "fall" sport.

Of course, Basketball is a winter sport and the NBA playoffs go will into June. And hockey.......

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post

Not unprecedented. They don't call Jeter Mr. November for nothing!

Granted the reason that occurred the first time was because of 9/11.

Comment

All because some fat as*ed fan can sit at home and watch it at their convenience and the networks can sell more adds. That's what is all about.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    All because some fat as*ed fan can sit at home and watch it at their convenience and the networks can sell more adds. That's what is all about.
                    im not a fat as*ed fan but im sure i'll be watching it even in april at my convenience.

Comment

April 2, 2016 and April 4, 2016 is the Final Four in Houston. It will be warming up in Texas by then.
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                        im not a fat as*ed fan but im sure i'll be watching it even in april at my convenience.
                        Just venting of course

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                          April 2, 2016 and April 4, 2016 is the Final Four in Houston. It will be warming up in Texas by then.
                          Typically, I watch Final Four in Scottsdale, in April.
                          You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Working...
                          X