Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: And it gets weirder up north

Originally posted by goon View Post
    Whats with the hockey sticks X on the hat?
    Likely because UND is such a big hockey school, but it would be unusual to have hockey sticks on every other teams uniforms as well

Comment

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
      Likely because UND is such a big hockey school, but it would be unusual to have hockey sticks on every other teams uniforms as well
      Thats what I was thinking. I almost feel sad for them..........almost.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
        Supposedly it is...I've seen a few of their fans posting it on twitter. A few people were saying that has gotten traction with the student body. It was created by a Chicago Blackhawks fan obviously, not sure why they assume their admin will go for it. Of course the logo will be the next thing they whine about no matter what is chosen.

Also the Roughrider group has created their own logo to push....

I like this logo.
        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
          Supposedly it is...I've seen a few of their fans posting it on twitter. A few people were saying that has gotten traction with the student body. It was created by a Chicago Blackhawks fan obviously, not sure why they assume their admin will go for it. Of course the logo will be the next thing they whine about no matter what is chosen.

Also the Roughrider group has created their own logo to push....

Take the hockey sticks off and add a "ND" and this is a really sharp logo.
          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
          - Steven Wright

Comment

Looks a little like teddy a little yosamity sam and prospector pete.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
              I like this logo.
              The Buffalo Soldiers did the majority of the fighting at San Juan Hill with inferior equipment. Roughriders got the press, however. Maybe there is a present day analogy in this.

Comment

Time for yet another round of voting up north....Fighting Hawks vs Roughriders.....

http://www.inforum.com/news/3878525-...ded-final-vote

Comment

Really, a third vote and between those two weak mascot names? Doesn't Dickinson State have a hawk mascot?
                  You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

I'm confused. One name gets 45.69% and another 27.95%. Isn't that a majority ?

ma·jor·i·ty
                    məˈjôrədē,məˈjärədē/
                    noun

the greater number.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                      I'm confused. One name gets 45.69% and another 27.95%. Isn't that a majority ?

ma·jor·i·ty
                      məˈjôrədē,məˈjärədē/
                      noun

the greater number.

It needed to be over 50% of votes cast. It will be interesting if the NoDak voters team up with Roughriders to beat the Fighting Hawks. I believe the Fighting Hawks supporters like that because they can come up with a logo that looks eerily similiar to the old Fighting Sioux one.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                        It needed to be over 50% of votes cast. It will be interesting if the NoDak voters team up with Roughriders to beat the Fighting Hawks. I believe the Fighting Hawks supporters like that because they can come up with a logo that looks eerily similiar to the old Fighting Sioux one.
                        Ah, i get it now. I thought they wanted something unique. There has to be a zillion schools out there with hawk . I actually like Roughriders,

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                          Ah, i get it now. I thought they wanted something unique. There has to be a zillion schools out there with hawk . I actually like Roughriders,
                          Roughriders would not be unique in the fact a Grand Forks high school has that nickname.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                            Not only that, it has the word fighting in it.

Comment

Some more logo ideas that you may enjoy....

And then there is well this one....

On a more serious note...

Comment

UND finally has decided...They will be the Fighting Hawks!

Comment

Working...
                                X