Husker's Mike Riley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Husker's Mike Riley

I see that former Jackrabbit, Willie Jones, has been retained as Assistant Strength Coach. Jones has been with the Huskers since 2009. I believe he was a multi-year starter for the Jacks until he finished his career in 2006. The only time I saw him play in person was the 1999 state championship game when his Yankton Bucks held off O'Gorman. He was only a sophomore, but he had tons of potential. My old officiating crew from Rapid City worked that game. It is nice to see that potential become a reality with his long and successful football career.

(I'm starting to feel like Nidaros by reciting some of this historical stuff.)

Re: Husker's Mike Riley

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
    I see that former Jackrabbit, Willie Jones, has been retained as Assistant Strength Coach. Jones has been with the Huskers since 2009. I believe he was a multi-year starter for the Jacks until he finished his career in 2006. The only time I saw him play in person was the 1999 state championship game when his Yankton Bucks held off O'Gorman. He was only a sophomore, but he had tons of potential. My old officiating crew from Rapid City worked that game. It is nice to see that potential become a reality with his long and successful football career.

(I'm starting to feel like Nidaros by reciting some of this historical stuff.)
    Yes, he will stay on. Great news for Willie and his young family. He has done well for himself.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
    X