Morningside;s revenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morningside;s revenge

I used to feel sorry for poor Morningside when it would continuously get beaten up in the old NCC, especially in football. But wow, is Morningside getting revenge in NAIA this year. Morningside football is ranked number one nationally in their NAIA division and they have some almost unbelievable statistics. Makes me wonder why they are playing at that level.

- They're 5-0 and have had an average winning score of 71-15.
    - They have scored over 70 points three times, with a high of 83
    - They are averaging - averaging - 714 yards of offense per game
    - They have scored more than 50 in the first half three times.
    - They beat Dordt, 72-2.
    - They piled up 916 yards of offense in a 76-14 win against Hastings last week.

4-1 Dakota Wesleyan comes to town Saturday.

This is some serious post-NCC Karma coming back around for the Morningsiders.

Re: Morningside;s revenge

This were they should have been all along. Does Dave Dolch ring a bell?

Comment

That, and USF moved to D-2. Now it's Morningside and Northwestern (IA) at the top of the remaining NAIA midwest schools.

Comment

Morningside is still in the smelliest dump for a town in the in the US. Yes even worse than vermillion.

Comment

And here is one reason why Morningsde is pummeling everyone.,. ... Brandon Wegher had over 300 yards rushing against Dakota Wesleyan today...

Piece from last year: http://archive.hawkcentral.com/2013/...ootball-again/

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
            And here is one reason why Morningsde is pummeling everyone.,. ... Brandon Wegher had over 300 yards rushing against Dakota Wesleyan today...

Piece from last year: http://archive.hawkcentral.com/2013/...ootball-again/
            Watch a puke like this guy get a shot in the NFL over Zenner. Wouldn't surprise me in the least.
            SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
              Watch a puke like this guy get a shot in the NFL over Zenner. Wouldn't surprise me in the least.
              ZZ will get a shot after the combines is my prediction. His metrics will surprise. He's outrun DBs for four years.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                Been kicked out of at least two schools but was a high recruit out of high school to Iowa. A 4 star to be exact. I know for a fact that multiple NFL teams have been to Morningside practices this year.https://rivals.yahoo.com/ucf/footbal...n-Wegher-67189
                "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Was he kicked out? I thought he left the schools due to various personal problems -- but I don't know the actual story. Anyway, he's showing why U of Iowa wanted him.

Comment

Brandon hasn't been kicked out of any school.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                      He transferred to Oklahoma where he was determined academically ineligible, so he transferred to a community college where he was also deemed academically ineligible to play.

He's also had run ins with the law, but it's good to see he's back playing football and excelling
                      Last edited by witness; 10-28-2014, 12:28 AM.
                      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
                        Morningside is still in the smelliest dump for a town in the in the US. Yes even worse than vermillion.
                        And Brookings is the Mecca? I understand your passion for SDSU, but c'mon man...to make comments like that is grating on the nerves. Loyalty of former athletes to Vermillion I would bet to be as high, if not higher than Brookings. No facts to back it up, I get that. If you go to USD you love it, just like someone that goes to Brookings. You make the best of a situation. Stop the crap on what a pit vermillion is. Make fun of our football team, that's justified..but not the community. Great people live there.....as I'm sure many do from Brookings

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post

You're right, but he has been kicked out of two programs, Iowa and Oklahoma. Stoops took about 2 minutes of his prima Donna BS before he sent him packing. Someone made the remark about him probably getting a better shot then Zenner, because that's the way it is. It does seem like that, and I would hope ZZ would get an opportunity, to me he seems like one heck of a good kid. Great back, outstanding work ethic. He's a dandy.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                            And Brookings is the Mecca? I understand your passion for SDSU, but c'mon man...to make comments like that is grating on the nerves. Loyalty of former athletes to Vermillion I would bet to be as high, if not higher than Brookings. No facts to back it up, I get that. If you go to USD you love it, just like someone that goes to Brookings. You make the best of a situation. Stop the crap on what a pit vermillion is. Make fun of our football team, that's justified..but not the community. Great people live there.....as I'm sure many do from Brookings
                            Amen. I think you are right. Sioux City was once larger in population than Sioux Falls. Though noticeable odors, the natives adjusted and managed to live there. Morningside's English department is second to none. Hopeful Wehger has grownup at Morningside and is starting to use his God given talent on and off the field. I don't think Morningside gives their athletes any breaks, not since Dolch was run out of town.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post

You're right, but he has been kicked out of two programs, Iowa and Oklahoma. Stoops took about 2 minutes of his prima Donna BS before he sent him packing. Someone made the remark about him probably getting a better shot then Zenner, because that's the way it is. It does seem like that, and I would hope ZZ would get an opportunity, to me he seems like one heck of a good kid. Great back, outstanding work ethic. He's a dandy.
                              Wrong. He left Iowa,then actually came back for summer workouts before leaving again. Even after the second time Ferentz left the door open for him to return. At Oklahoma, he was only at spring ball for a couple of days before leaving. Stoops thought it was a joke, which it was.

Comment

Working...
                              X