Fans outraged from TNT bias

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fans outraged from TNT bias

Twitter was all a buzz last night about TNT having bias announcers on the team casts. What most of those fans didn't realize is that TNT (and TruTV) we're suppose to have "homer" announcers. TBS had the national, non-bias announcers. It was pretty funny to read some of the tweets.

http://www.regrit.com/final-four-tea...ed-about-bias/

Re: Fans outraged from TNT bias

It took me awhile to figure this out. I was watching the UK stream, and could not figure out their color guy. UK was down several points, and he kept going on and on about UK and how good they were. I finally found the Wisconsin stream and their camera was focused a great deal on Bo Ryan. I heard a great deal of coach Ryan but could not recall what he looked like. Thanks to the Wisconsin stream, I found out. To me it really does not matter. UK and their youth pulled out another one in the final seconds. I thought Wisconsin had played their hearts out, but their season is over.

BTW if this was explained to me weeks in advance, I was not listening.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      It took me awhile to figure this out. I was watching the UK stream, and could not figure out their color guy. UK was down several points, and he kept going on and on about UK and how good they were. I finally found the Wisconsin stream and their camera was focused a great deal on Bo Ryan. I heard a great deal of coach Ryan but could not recall what he looked like. Thanks to the Wisconsin stream, I found out. To me it really does not matter. UK and their youth pulled out another one in the final seconds. I thought Wisconsin had played their hearts out, but their season is over.
      UK color guy was former Wildcat and NBA player Rex Chapman. He openly let people know he was going to be over-the-top when announcing.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
        UK color guy was former Wildcat and NBA player Rex Chapman. He openly let people know he was going to be over-the-top when announcing.
        Yeah they showed a picture of him as a Wildcat. It really does not bother me that much, it just took me by surprise. I was looking for the games on KELO land and there was different program. I gave up my subscription to TV guide years ago, so did some surfing and found the games. Like many thinks in my life, there is the element of surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
          Twitter was all a buzz last night about TNT having bias announcers on the team casts. What most of those fans didn't realize is that TNT (and TruTV) we're suppose to have "homer" announcers. TBS had the national, non-bias announcers. It was pretty funny to read some of the tweets.

http://www.regrit.com/final-four-tea...ed-about-bias/
          I was perusing several message boards at halftime. There were multiple threads with posters outraged at the homer announcers. lol

Comment

Was at Cubby's saturday night and caught a bit of the UConn/Fl game and had seen a graphic mentioning the teamcasts for the UK/Wisc game...don't remember that being done before...must be new this year?
            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
              Was at Cubby's saturday night and caught a bit of the UConn/Fl game and had seen a graphic mentioning the teamcasts for the UK/Wisc game...don't remember that being done before...must be new this year?
              Yeah first year they have done it. Also the first time the semifinals weren't on national TV.

I might be crazy, but am I the only one that thinks the homer casts are dumb? I don't like listening to a biased announcer even if they are for the team I'm rooting for.

Comment

Yeah, I read a rant on facebook from someone Sunday morning...saying how terrible and horrible it was that they didn't interview the winning coach, etc...

LOL.

It was priceless to read the reactions after others told them about the different stations.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                  Yeah first year they have done it. Also the first time the semifinals weren't on national TV.

I might be crazy, but am I the only one that thinks the homer casts are dumb? I don't like listening to a biased announcer even if they are for the team I'm rooting for.
                  I vote for "The homer casts are dumb". Like I said earlier, they took me for a surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                    Yeah, I read a rant on facebook from someone Sunday morning...saying how terrible and horrible it was that they didn't interview the winning coach, etc...

LOL.

It was priceless to read the reactions after others told them about the different stations.
                    You had to be watching the Wisconsin streamcast.

Comment

One things for sure,if enough people think its dumb, and tune out,it won't be back next year

Comment

I don't know why people have a problem with a "homer" cast. If you don't want to watch it turn the channel and watch the unbiased cast on tbs. Its something different and somewhat entertaining especially during the ending of the Kentucky/Wisconsin ending just to hear their reactions. I expect it to be back next year.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireSto...erage-23209560

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                          I don't know why people have a problem with a "homer" cast. If you don't want to watch it turn the channel and watch the unbiased cast on tbs. Its something different and somewhat entertaining especially during the ending of the Kentucky/Wisconsin ending just to hear their reactions. I expect it to be back next year.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireSto...erage-23209560
                          I think people were outraged because they couldn't figure out that there were teamcasts for each team and an unbiased cast as well.
                          "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                            I think people were outraged because they couldn't figure out that there were teamcasts for each team and an unbiased cast as well.
                            There's a lot of dumb people out there.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                              There's a lot of dumb people out there.
                              yes, yes there is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Working...
                              X