NCAA Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Tournament

#11 Dayton with the 1st upset of the tournament by knocking off in-state rival #6 Ohio State 60-59. Dayton made a game winning layup with 3.8 second left.

Re: NCAA Tournament

NDSU up 8 at the half. 37-29.

Comment

And Duke goes down! It always makes me smile.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
        And Duke goes down! It always makes me smile.
        Me too, but SDSU played Mercer in that tourney in 2012 in Atlanta. I suspect most of this year's seniors for Mercer where soph when we played them. We would have had a hard time keeping up with them this year. Mercer is a good team, and it would be great to see Mercer and NDSU make the final four, but I am smoking something.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          Me too, but SDSU played Mercer in that tourney in 2012 in Atlanta. I suspect most of this year's seniors for Mercer where soph when we played them. We would have had a hard time keeping up with them this year. Mercer is a good team, and it would be great to see Mercer and NDSU make the final four, but I am smoking something.
          Mercer is the blue print of how mid-majors win in the NCAA tourney. Experience. Only D1 team to start five seniors.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
            Mercer is the blue print of how mid-majors win in the NCAA tourney. Experience. Only D1 team to start five seniors.
            I agree Mercer is excellent team and having five seniors no doubt helps this year, but down the road, it's going to tough, Replacing 5 guys might be hard to do.

Comment

#12 Stephen F. Austin takes out #5 VCU.

#16 Coastal Carolina up by five over #1 Virginia at the half.

Iowa State's having trouble with #14 NC Central.

Parity is FUN.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                #12 Stephen F. Austin takes out #5 VCU.

#16 Coastal Carolina up by five over #1 Virginia at the half.

Iowa State's having trouble with #14 NC Central.

Parity is FUN.
                VCU wins the bone head play of the tournament

Comment

There are no perfect brackets left!! Go Warren Buffett!!
                  "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

In the last 2 games, Braun has looked outclassed and overrated

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                      In the last 2 games, Braun has looked outclassed and overrated
                      There is no doubt Braun is a tough, tough kid, but it is true he's not been real effective in the tournament so far. Of course, he's gotten his fair share of attention from opponents, too.

I would still be okay with seeing NDSU in the Sweet Sixteen. Work to be done there, though.

On the Women's side, I see USD has encountered a spot of bother with Stanford.

And, I hate UConn. For realzees, too--not the just-to-drum-up-Summit-Leagueness-hate I have for IPFW. I get it from my wife, I think. (Go Lady Vols!)
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                        There is no doubt Braun is a tough, tough kid, but it is true he's not been real effective in the tournament so far. Of course, he's gotten his fair share of attention from opponents, too.

I would still be okay with seeing NDSU in the Sweet Sixteen. Work to be done there, though.

On the Women's side, I see USD has encountered a spot of bother with Stanford.

And, I hate UConn. For realzees, too--not the just-to-drum-up-Summit-Leagueness-hate I have for IPFW. I get it from my wife, I think. (Go Lady Vols!)
                        As far as the tournament goes, I wouldn't even give Braun a tryout. He doesn't even look like a top 2 player on his team. NDSU survived against Oklahoma without him and are playing decent tonight without him. If I was a scout, my evaluation would be that he relies on his athleticism and struggles against people that are as athletic as him

I would try out Wright before Braun. He is a total wildcard in the pros. If I bet rep points, Wright or somebody else would be my bet over Braun

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                          As far as the tournament goes, I wouldn't even give Braun a tryout. He doesn't even look like a top 2 player on his team. NDSU survived against Oklahoma without him and are playing decent tonight without him. If I was a scout, my evaluation would be that he relies on his athleticism and struggles against people that are as athletic as him

I would try out Wright before Braun. He is a total wildcard in the pros. If I bet rep points, Wright or somebody else would be my bet over Braun
                          I totally agree if sdsu could have any player from ndsu wright would be my pick. Total x factor. Can shoot the 3 and his ups for dunks and blocks are a nice tool to have.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

What I'm saying is Braun took advantage of his athleticism in the Summit.
                            Not same caliber of a player as
                            Wolters.

Comment

Don't think anyone was arguing with you or disagreeing with that point.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                              X