Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NDSU v Oklahoma in Spokane

Originally posted by BisonBohl View Post
    We just need to get Southeast in here and tell us why the Bison will lose to make me feel really good about the Bison's chances. I mean the dude had a reason why NDSU wasn't going to get it done all year, guess it sucks to be wrong!

Good Luck in the CBI by the way, win that damn thing!
    I'm flattered!

I hate to worry you, but I do think this is a fairly winnable game for NDSU. The neutral venue is especially nice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

OU by 17.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
        OU by 17.
        That your guess or the official line?

Comment

OU by 17.
          Now that's what I'm talking about, come on now, gotta be some more elite basketball minds out there...

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
            That your guess or the official line?
            Line is OU by 3.5.

Comment

Line is OU by 3.5.

Yep I just looked it up. That's incredibly close for a 5/12 matchup. I don't think I would take NDSU with that spread.

Comment

Now that's what I'm talking about, come on now, gotta be some more elite basketball minds out there...

Elite basketball mind.....I like that.

NDSU has a 12 seed. The 12 v 5 upset is an almost annual event. I like Harvard, a team with NCAA tourney experience and wins over UCINN. I like NC State to play in and beat SLU. SFA will give VCU a game but Shaka is a seasoned coach that knows how to win in the tourney.

OU has 2 wins over ISU, OSU, wins over Baylor, Texas, Tulsa and Mercer. All our tourney teams. NDSU has a nice win over ND and a "close loss" to OSU.

Lon Krueger is a good coach with NCAA experience. He's been to the elite 8 and the final 4. Granted, his team did drop a 1st round game 2 years ago. Saul does not have that reputation.

I think it will be a good game, close early. If NDSU can make bunches of 3's and OU plays without discipline (like they often do) maybe you get a result like La Tech or UT Arlington and Bison pull off the upset. If OU lays an egg like they did the 1st half versus Texas Tech in Lubbock Bison could roll them!!

I don't see it but that doesn't mean it won't happen. NDSU isn't going to sneak up on OU (I don't think). If the Bison win I will be very happy for the Summit League. If the Bison lose big I won't shed a tear.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Elite basketball mind.....I like that.

NDSU has a 12 seed. The 12 v 5 upset is an almost annual event. I like Harvard, a team with NCAA tourney experience and wins over UCINN. I like NC State to play in and beat SLU. SFA will give VCU a game but Shaka is a seasoned coach that knows how to win in the tourney.

OU has 2 wins over ISU, OSU, wins over Baylor, Texas, Tulsa and Mercer. All our tourney teams. NDSU has a nice win over ND and a "close loss" to OSU.

Lon Krueger is a good coach with NCAA experience. He's been to the elite 8 and the final 4. Granted, his team did drop a 1st round game 2 years ago. Saul does not have that reputation.

I think it will be a good game, close early. If NDSU can make bunches of 3's and OU plays without discipline (like they often do) maybe you get a result like La Tech or UT Arlington and Bison pull off the upset. If OU lays an egg like they did the 1st half versus Texas Tech in Lubbock Bison could roll them!!

I don't see it but that doesn't mean it won't happen. NDSU isn't going to sneak up on OU (I don't think). If the Bison win I will be very happy for the Summit League. If the Bison lose big I won't shed a tear.
                  No doubt there is a long list of reasons why OU could beat NDSU. Just like the last two years for SDSU against Baylor and Michigan. I am guessing you had more faith in SDSU in those match ups then you do in ndsu vs OU.

Were old and talented, OU is young and ahead of schedule. We get them on a true neutral court. Lots things could happen on Thursday but I'd be pretty surprised if they beat us by that much.

Comment

No doubt there is a long list of reasons why OU could beat NDSU. Just like the last two years for SDSU against Baylor and Michigan. I am guessing you had more faith in SDSU in those match ups then you do in ndsu vs OU.

Were old and talented, OU is young and ahead of schedule. We get them on a true neutral court. Lots things could happen on Thursday but I'd be pretty surprised if they beat us by that much.
                    Absolutely had more faith in SDSU, especially in 2012. Didn't help the Jackrabbits cover the spread I got (push for me). I will give the points and stick with the younger, more accomplished Sooners. If I'm wrong good for the Bison, unless they lose by 3 or less...........Maybe the line will move by tomorrow, don't know for sure.

Comment

Absolutely had more faith in SDSU, especially in 2012. Didn't help the Jackrabbits cover the spread I got (push for me). I will give the points and stick with the younger, more accomplished Sooners. If I'm wrong good for the Bison, unless they lose by 3 or less...........Maybe the line will move by tomorrow, don't know for sure.
                      HOLD YOUR NOSE and think revenue. Seems like Douple was quoted in saying that if the SL won a game in the NCAA, it would get another share of the large CBS pie. For that reason alone, I am pulling for the Bison. The senior leadership is probably the best so far, and that not a slam to Nate Wolters. Three to four mature minds are better than one or two minds, such as Wolters and Feigen last year. You would have thought the Bison would have folded at Frost, but they didn't and I expect the Sooners to get more than they are prepared for. I don't bet on BB, but will pull for the Bison.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                        HOLD YOUR NOSE and think revenue. Seems like Douple was quoted in saying that if the SL won a game in the NCAA, it would get another share of the large CBS pie. For that reason alone, I am pulling for the Bison. The senior leadership is probably the best so far, and that not a slam to Nate Wolters. Three to four mature minds are better than one or two minds, such as Wolters and Feigen last years. You would have thought the Bison would have folded at Frost, but they didn't and I expect the Sooners to get more than they are prepared for. I don't bet on BB, but will pull for the Bison.
                        Good policy. I will be unhappy, and only slightly so, if the Bison lose by 3 or less. TruTV 6:27 CST Thursday night. I will be watching.

Comment

Unfortunately, however much it stings to admit, it is the NDSU's year. Everything has fallen into place for them. Huge win at K-State, College Game Day visiting Fargo, three-peat in FCS, and Summit League regular season and tournament champs. Next big thing is a Sweet 16 run and all the free publicity that will come the following week from it. I have reserved myself that its going to happen. I will be quietly rooting for the Bison for that extra share of the tournament pie and hopefully a raise in stature for the Summit League. I will not be disappointed if they happen to fall though. Just my thoughts on it.

Comment

I like the match up but I am scared at the same time if that makes any sense. Sizewise we match up but OU can light it up from three.

Three point shooting is always unpredictable in March, if they are hitting from three they will be tough but if they go cold it could spark an upset. The fact that this NDSU team doesn't rely on making threes does give me some comfort. Will be interesting to see how they chose to defend Bjorklund.

It will help NDSU that they don't have a dominate big, that should allow us to defend the three better instead of sagging. Offensively and defensively TrayVonn is the x-factor, when he is playing with a ton of energy he can make a huge impact on a game.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                              I like the match up but I am scared at the same time if that makes any sense. Sizewise we match up but OU can light it up from three.

Three point shooting is always unpredictable in March, if they are hitting from three they will be tough but if they go cold it could spark an upset. The fact that this NDSU team doesn't rely on making threes does give me some comfort. Will be interesting to see how they chose to defend Bjorklund.

It will help NDSU that they don't have a dominate big, that should allow us to defend the three better instead of sagging. Offensively and defensively TrayVonn is the x-factor, when he is playing with a ton of energy he can make a huge impact on a game.
                              My not particularly informed guess/take on OU is that they'll be a somewhat quicker, more athletic, better-shooting version of IPFW.

IMHO this game is probably as good a chance as a Summit League member has had at winning an NCAA game (play-in games excepted) since the league changed names from the Mid-Continent.
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                                My not particularly informed guess/take on OU is that they'll be a somewhat quicker, more athletic, better-shooting version of IPFW.

IMHO this game is probably as good a chance as a Summit League member has had at winning an NCAA game (play-in games excepted) since the league changed names from the Mid-Continent.
                                Soo...you're saying you hate OU for no good reason then? Got it.
                                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Working...
                                X