NDSU v Oklahoma in Spokane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NDSU v Oklahoma in Spokane

Probably not a bad first-round draw for NDSU.

Re: NDSU v Oklahoma in Spokane

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    Probably not a bad first-round draw for NDSU.
    Oklahoma can flat-out score, on pretty much anyone. The big question in that game for me will be: can the Bison defend the Sooners?

All in all though, not a bad draw, although it remains to be seen who the other #5 seeds are. I'm not entirely sure that OU is a good matchup for the Bison.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

SMU was ranked 23rd in one poll and 25th in another poll and doesnt make. Which proves that polls dont mean anything.

Comment

One and done, no extra revenue this time unless the Bison catch OU sleeping. That would be great for all the Summit, as we would get one more share of revenue from the CBS pie.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
          SMU was ranked 23rd in one poll and 25th in another poll and doesnt make. Which proves that polls dont mean anything.
          SOS 303 didn't deserve to be in. Polls are opinion, facts are facts. Great story for a great coach but not NCAA worthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
            SOS 303 didn't deserve to be in. Polls are opinion, facts are facts. Great story for a great coach but not NCAA worthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Yep,their SOS just killed them.

Comment

NDSU-OU is set for 6:27PM CDT on TruTV on Thursday

Comment

More things change, the more the stay the same: https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/445370986305978368
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                  More things change, the more the stay the same: https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/445370986305978368
                  I know I'll be cheering for the upset. Although I don't think that NDSU will be the sleeper #12 like we see surprise teams. The win over Notre Dame on the road assured that. Oklahoma won't be surprised by them.
                  -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                    I know I'll be cheering for the upset. Although I don't think that NDSU will be the sleeper #12 like we see surprise teams. The win over Notre Dame on the road assured that. Oklahoma won't be surprised by them.
                    I think you are very correct, it would be good for the Summit in terms of revenue from the Big Dance if the Sooners are caught sleeping. It would really give the ESPN guys something to talk about. And we would never hear the end of it from Fargo. We shall soon find out how good the Bison are.

Comment

North Dakota St. Bison (25-6, No. 12-West )
                      Bison is not only delectable on a bun, it's also downright tasty in a single elimination format. Few outside the Northern Plains have seen NDSU, but
                      the Summit regular season and conference tournament champions shouldn't warrant a blind eye. Statistically, there is no team in the entire Dance that shoots the ball with as much accuracy as the Bison. Their leading scorer is 6-foot-7 guard Taylor Braun. Long and lethal, he's totaled 20 or more points in a game 11 times, shooting 42.2 percent from three. He and prolific post-man Marshall Bjorklund are a dynamic duo wired to score. Dakota nets few threes and plays loose defensively (No. 141 in D efficiency nationally), but because it rarely commits turnovers and given its surgical interior offense and overall experience, they are more than capable of carving up a higher seed. The Bison may have the best shot of becoming this year's mid-major darling. Oklahoma will certainly have its hands full in Round 1.

Whole article:http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-...92--ncaab.html
                      Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Comment

The money isn't worth it - BOOMER SOONER!

Go Rabbits!

Comment

We just need to get Southeast in here and tell us why the Bison will lose to make me feel really good about the Bison's chances. I mean the dude had a reason why NDSU wasn't going to get it done all year, guess it sucks to be wrong!

Good Luck in the CBI by the way, win that damn thing!

Comment

The NCAA released the true seeds for the tourney. NDSU was #48. North Carolina State was #47 and the last at large. The league is getting closer to a possible at large bid if the regular conference champion falters. Weber State, the regular season and conference champion of the big fluff was #64.

The Summit League was slotted the 12th highest seed for conference champion. I believe Providence was 11th. There were 20 tournament champions below the Summit League. Not bad.
                            Last edited by joeybrownerHOF; 03-17-2014, 03:23 PM.
                            Southern Pecan

2001 Nissan Exterra....no A/C and north of 120k

Comment

Originally posted by joeybrownerHOF View Post
                              The NCAA released the true seeds for the tourney. NDSU was #48. North Carolina State was #47 and the last at large. The league is getting closer to a possible at large bid if the regular conference champion falters. Weber State, the regular season and conference champion of the big fluff was #64.

The Summit League was slotted the 12th highest seed for conference champion. I believe Providence was 11th. There were 20 tournament champions below the Summit League. Not bad.
                              Now if we can get the worst team in the league to bring up their game and sos.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X