OSU v MSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OSU v MSU

The announcer on the game just referenced the "Kansas vs. South Dakota State game" from this weekend (mixing us up with San Diego St). First time I have ever heard the mistake happen that way, let alone on a national ESPN broadcast.
    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Re: OSU v MSU

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
    The announcer on the game just referenced the "Kansas vs. South Dakota State game" from this weekend (mixing us up with San Diego St). First time I have ever heard the mistake happen that way, let alone on a national ESPN broadcast.
    I heard that too! Love it.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
      I heard that too! Love it.
      I've heard the local Kansas City radio guys do it a couple of times, too.

Serves the Aztecs right for stealing our initials (we were SDSU first, in 1964 . . . look it up . . . they didn't become an SDSU until ten years later, 1974.).
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I guess we are now San Diego State...

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
          I guess we are now San Diego State...

If you are them, and they are us, what the hell are we? "Duke" has a nice ring to it this time of year....

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
            If you are them, and they are us, what the hell are we? "Duke" has a nice ring to it this time of year....
            I am the Walrus. Koo-koo-ka-joob.

The Walrus was Paul.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I can't figure out why ESPN can't keep track of the XDSUs. NDSU has won 3 consecutive FCS championships and been to the big dance once. And SDSU men have been to the big dance 2 consecutive years and our women have made it every year since becoming eligible. How in the world to you get San Diego State out of North Dakota State? Remember when ESPN used USD's logo when ESPN was talking about our home court winning streak? It's complete laziness and down right disrespectful to the universities on ESPNs part.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                I can't figure out why ESPN can't keep track of the XDSUs. NDSU has won 3 consecutive FCS championships and been to the big dance once. And SDSU men have been to the big dance 2 consecutive years and our women have made it every year since becoming eligible. How in the world to you get San Diego State out of North Dakota State? Remember when ESPN used USD's logo when ESPN was talking about our home court winning streak? It's complete laziness and down right disrespectful to the universities on ESPNs part.
                ESPN isn't a sports channel. Its more of a athlete celebrity soap opera. Small schools like the XDSU's are extras in their story telling. The XDSU's are background noise to fill in the awkward silence between Tebow, Manziel, Gonzalez, etc drama.
                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                  ESPN isn't a sports channel. Its more of a athlete celebrity soap opera. Small schools like the XDSU's are extras in their story telling. The XDSU's are background noise to fill in the awkward silence between Tebow, Manziel, Gonzalez, etc drama.
                  ESPN is most easily understood as a sports-themed reality-TV channel.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I would say they are incompetent instead of lazy with their jobs,lazy is too kind.Disrespectful,......big yes to that.

Comment

OSU v MSU

"Disrespectful" seems a little melodramatic to me. It's all about ratings, and nothing outside of a March Cinderella run in the (men's) NCAA tourney is going to make the casual sports fan have any interest in differentiating among the schools in the Dakotas (or those with identical initials out west). I don't think any amount of "lower level" football championships or first round NCAA women's BB exits could change that. You can't blame ESPN for knowing what moves the meter and getting a little sloppy with the "other stuff". They are there to entertain the masses.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                        ESPN is most easily understood as a sports-themed reality-TV channel.
                        This talk of ESPN reminds me how much I hate ESPN/SEC. This article is a bit old, but I love the conspiracy!

http://www.thepostgame.com/commentar...ompson-sec-bcs
                        One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                          "Disrespectful" seems a little melodramatic to me. It's all about ratings, and nothing outside of a March Cinderella run in the (men's) NCAA tourney is going to make the casual sports fan have any interest in differentiating among the schools in the Dakotas (or those with identical initials out west). I don't think any amount of "lower level" football championships or first round NCAA women's BB exits could change that. You can't blame ESPN for knowing what moves the meter and getting a little sloppy with the "other stuff". They are there to entertain the masses.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                          I deleted my rant,actually ESPN just continues to make themselves appear incompetent,kind of foolish if you ask me.
                          Last edited by jackdaniel; 01-08-2014, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Says a guy who selected the name "SanDakotaState".

Comment

cant remember his name but one of the original ESPN announcers grew up in Yankton.

Comment

Working...
                              X