Recap of South Dakota's FBS ball players 2013 seasons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recap of South Dakota's FBS ball players 2013 seasons

Here is a recap of the seasons that some of SD's finest had (these are the players that I can remember off the top of my head).

Nate Gerry, Sioux Falls Washington, True Freshman. Nate started 3 games at LB for Nebraska and played in all 13. He had 32 tackles and 2 tackles for loss. He also played on all of the special teams for the Huskers.

Matt VandeBerg, Brandon Valley, True Freshman. Matt played in 11 games for Iowa as a WR this year and accumulated 8 catches and 1 tackle. It is surprising that he played as a true freshman since he was so skinny, he must have really impressed the Hawkeye staff.

Matt Farniok, Sioux Falls Washington, RS Junior. Farniok entered the year starting 26 straight games for Iowa State at Center. I believe the streak was broke this year due to an injury, though I didn't watch much ISU so I'm not completely sure. Cyclones ended up having a disappointing season. Look for him to be added to the list of South Dakotans drafted in next years NFL draft.

Derek Farniok, Sioux Falls Washington, RS Sophomore. Derek played in 10 games as a freshman, and entered this year as a backup Tackle for Oklahoma. Derek played in a number of games this year including his first career start in the last game of the year at LT against Oklahoma State. I'm not sure if he will start against Alabama in the Sugar Bowl or not. Look for him in the draft in a few years though.

--Sidenote to the Farniok's, they have a little brother that is a sophomore at SFW that already has offers from Minnesota, Iowa State, and Oklahoma. He is supposed to be the best of the bunch.
    Last edited by BigGoosie13; 01-01-2014, 11:34 PM.
Working...
X