FCS week 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FCS week 3

I am watching Towson v. EIU on ESPN right now. EIU took an early lead, but Towson has scored 21 unanswered points. I would comment further, but I never played or coached college football, so I am not allowed to give my opinion on this board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Re: FCS week 3

Towson has about 300 yards rushing in 2.5 quarters. I never coached football, but that seems like EIU be may struggling to defend the run Towson leads 28-24. Momentum is in Towsons favor.

Comment

West for Towson has 330 yards, and Towson has over 400 rushing. Towson leads 49-32. 7:00 left.

West is the leading rusher in FCS, and will probably win the Payton award.

Comment

Basically what we did to them last year.

Comment

Yes, but they actually scored more this year. Tough to believe they were the #2 team in FCS.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
            Yes, but they actually scored more this year. Tough to believe they were the #2 team in FCS.

I am not horribly surprised. The ovc for the most part as good as they are don't play at the physical level of the mvcf and what it takes to advance in the playoffs. I was surpsied how soft their D was last year. Not something that can be fixed in one year imho. A great offense in an avg confrence can hide a lot of issues but the playoffs will expose those.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I am watching Towson v. EIU on ESPN right now. EIU took an early lead, but Towson has scored 21 unanswered points. I would comment further, but I never played or coached college football, so I am not allowed to give my opinion on this board.

Towson has about 300 yards rushing in 2.5 quarters. I never coached football, but that seems like EIU be may struggling to defend the run Towson leads 28-24. Momentum is in Towsons favor.
              Did you go play a flag football game in-between posts so you could comment?

I kid, I kid.

Seriously though, I think EIU's issues with the run stem from the competition in their conference. They have some okay teams, but nothing that would prepare them for power running games like Towson and SDSU. Even their FBS opponents they played weren't exactly run oriented teams.

Also, Garrapollo will win the Payton Award, as the voting is already in and his stats were pretty unreal (plus he's a legitimate NFL prospect). He most certainly wasn't the reason EIU lost either.
              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
              - Steven Wright

Comment

I'm really bummed EIU lost, I was really hoping to see the EIU offense vs NDSU defense. I guess I'll root for Towson now, to see what West can do vs the Bison.
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                  Also, Garrapollo will win the Payton Award, as the voting is already in and his stats were pretty unreal (plus he's a legitimate NFL prospect). He most certainly wasn't the reason EIU lost either.
                  Yes, you are probably right about that, since the voting was completed prior to the weekend. He played well last night as well, but the EIU defense could not stop the run. Both West and Garrapollo have impressive stats.

I hope ZZ can make a push next year for the award.

Comment

Ndsu causes a fumble on the kickoff but on review said he was down. Cc got lucky but went 3 and out.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Man I wish we were still playing this week. With how cruddy this weather has been if we were a top 8 seed playing at home this week imagine the home field advantage. Physical D and power run would give us advantage big time.

Comment

NDSU leads 10-0, CCU needs to get a positive play here, or it could get ugly in Fargo.

Comment

17-0 NDSU after 1. I don't see CC coming back against the Bison D.

Comment

Bison 24 CCU 0

This game is over.
                            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

31-0 NDSU.

You know, for a much crap OC Vigen has gotten over the years (some justifiably so), I have always been impressed with his play designs. He always seems to have some plays in his back pocket that the defense is never expecting. Just this game, his fake jet sweep in which the RB was the "supposed" lead blocker that left him wide open was a thing of beauty. His play action plays, from the o-line action to the fake hand off, look exactly like the run play the defense is gearing up to stop. Not to mention the rate they convert 1st downs keeps the defense fresh and the opposing offense out of rhythm.

Vigen is an example of how it's not just players who can improve at what they do, but coaches as well. I use to consider Vigen a good architect but a bad city planner. You'd see this magnificent structure built in a low land, industrial district which took away from it's beauty, but I think that's not the case anymore. He really has learned how to use one play to set up another.

He'll be missed more than the Bison faithful will realize when he goes to Wyoming.
                              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                              - Steven Wright

Comment

Working...
                              X