Grambling State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grambling State

As much as our Jackrabbits are struggling right now, it could be a lot worse. We could be Grambling State.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...se-board-buses

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...administration

Hard to believe this is the same program that boasted Doug Williams, the Bayou Classic, and the all-time college football wins leader Eddie Robinson.
    I am Ed. Fear me.

Re: Grambling State

That's an interesting story. Will Grambling shut the program down for a year (or three or four?)? What's an administrator to do? You can't let the team run (or destroy) a program.

Grambling's football team may have inadvertently injected a new term into the English language as in a coach or athletic director being worried about a team "going Grambling on me!"

Jackson State had no opponent for their homecoming game. I bet some of those guys wanted to "go postal".

Comment

Re: Grambling State

I don't blame the players at all for this. It sounded like the administration had a bone to pick with Doug Williams and fired him against everybody's wishes, then we come to find out they have mold all over their facilities, don't have detergent to clean their uniforms which have lead to staph infections, and the players half to go under the stadium to drink from a hose because their isn't enough simple things like Gatorade. Then on top of that they have to take a bus to every game while their administration flies to it.

Overall it sounds like Grambling as a university is hanging on by thread. Their funding has gone from $31 million to $13 million, they are basically making their professors teach extra classes for free, which probably isn't very sustainable to having a quality institution. On top of this their is a much larger university in Louisiana Tech just 5 miles down the road that compete with for funding and some students. GSU has 5,000 students and only a $4.5 million endowment compared to 11,000 students and a $85 million endowment at LA Tech. Their could be a very real chance that Grambling will have to close it's doors in the not so distant future.

Comment

Working...
      X