Another SD success story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another SD success story

Give a shout out to Gary Garner's Dakota State outfit. The Trojans are in the Elite Eight of the NAIA, D2 nat'l tourney. They have made the NAIA tourney 2 years running for the first time in history. They are led by Luke and John Lamb of Madison and those two played with Chad and Fiegen in HS. They were not ranked and have beaten two ranked teams (#5 and #?) in not so close contests. Perhaps the 'rabbits can follow their example? http://www.dsuathletics.com/news/201...k-preview.aspx

Re: Another SD success story

Holla !

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyracer43 View Post
      Give a shout out to Gary Garner's Dakota State outfit. The Trojans are in the Elite Eight of the NAIA, D2 nat'l tourney. They have made the NAIA tourney 2 years running for the first time in history. They are led by Luke and John Lamb of Madison and those two played with Chad and Fiegen in HS. They were not ranked and have beaten two ranked teams (#5 and #?) in not so close contests. Perhaps the 'rabbits can follow their example? http://www.dsuathletics.com/news/201...k-preview.aspx
      Luke and John Lamb are from Altoona, Ia.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
        Luke and John Lamb are from Altoona, Ia.
        Quite correct, UWMandSDSU. My girl pointed Momma out to me and I just assumed they were from Madison. They play Grace (Ind)tonite @7:00 (?) cst.

Comment

Of course, those who remember Gary Garner... he was the head coach at Fort Hayes State, who eliminated SDSU in the 1996 NCAA Region Finals en route to the National Championship. I reminded him of that when I interviewed him after he was hired at DSU, and he responded that the next year it was SDSU who eliminated his team in the regions.

Heck of a nice guy, heck of a good coach. And he loves living in Madison. He'll be around for a long time, that's for sure!
          I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
            Of course, those who remember Gary Garner... he was the head coach at Fort Hayes State, who eliminated SDSU in the 1996 NCAA Region Finals en route to the National Championship. I reminded him of that when I interviewed him after he was hired at DSU, and he responded that the next year it was SDSU who eliminated his team in the regions.

Heck of a nice guy, heck of a good coach. And he loves living in Madison. He'll be around for a long time, that's for sure!
            I dont know what he got a SEMO, but suspect it was along the lines of Nagy's salary. DSU would be a salary cut of some sorts, but its what you want in life, like a Lake Herman Home, or something like that makes Madison very attractive. He is a good coach btw.

Comment

Working...
            X