Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LakesBulldog?

How about this for a fan:

The murky moral high ground in college football recruiting may have become even less defined over the past week following a major scandal in which a Georgia fan reached out to call a recruit and ask him about his commitment status with the Bulldogs.
    "I get phone calls almost every day from college recruiters and reporters," (Steven) Nelson told the Journal-Constitution. "He called me up, and I forgot what his name was. The way he was talking, I thought he was a reporter, so I stayed on the phone. He was just trying to convince me to stay with Georgia, told me how good of a player I was, and wished me a good year.
    "I didn't think nothing of it until somebody called me, an ESPN guy, who told me the guy put it on Twitter that he talked to me on the phone."
    UGASports.com became caught up in the scandal when the caller in question began to boast about reaching out to recruits on the site's popular message board, DawgVent. The site immediately acted to rid the perpetrator from the community, first deleting the message thread and then banning him from further posts after the alleged caller sent threatening emails to the UGASports staff.
    "One of my guys contacted me and said there was somebody on DawgVent saying they had been calling prospects of UGA," UGASports.com publisher Steve Patterson told the Journal-Constitution....

Story link: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool-prep-rally/rogue-georgia-fan-imperils-team-recuitment-player-reaching-152612972.html

Hmmm...LakesBulldog?

Re: LakesBulldog?

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    How about this for a fan:

The murky moral high ground in college football recruiting may have become even less defined over the past week following a major scandal in which a Georgia fan reached out to call a recruit and ask him about his commitment status with the Bulldogs.
    "I get phone calls almost every day from college recruiters and reporters," (Steven) Nelson told the Journal-Constitution. "He called me up, and I forgot what his name was. The way he was talking, I thought he was a reporter, so I stayed on the phone. He was just trying to convince me to stay with Georgia, told me how good of a player I was, and wished me a good year.
    "I didn't think nothing of it until somebody called me, an ESPN guy, who told me the guy put it on Twitter that he talked to me on the phone."
    UGASports.com became caught up in the scandal when the caller in question began to boast about reaching out to recruits on the site's popular message board, DawgVent. The site immediately acted to rid the perpetrator from the community, first deleting the message thread and then banning him from further posts after the alleged caller sent threatening emails to the UGASports staff.
    "One of my guys contacted me and said there was somebody on DawgVent saying they had been calling prospects of UGA," UGASports.com publisher Steve Patterson told the Journal-Constitution....

Story link: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool-prep-rally/rogue-georgia-fan-imperils-team-recuitment-player-reaching-152612972.html

Hmmm...LakesBulldog?
    It's only a matter of time with that guy. He just doesn't get it, and never will.

Comment

Working...
    X