Honey Badger booted from LSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honey Badger booted from LSU

It looks like Les Miles has booted the "Honey Badger" from the team for team rules violations. He was a legit Heisman candidate last year and that is a big loss for them.

Two things:

1. Good for Les Miles standing on his rules and making them meaningful no matter how big a star the player is.
    2. How stupid for this kid to blow the opportunity he has. Sure, he will still get his chance in the NFL, but he had a chance to be a top, top draft pick. I guess it's easy for me to say but with an opportunity like that you can bet your sweer petute that I would keep my nose clean. Just saying.

http://collegefootball.scout.com/2/1210331.html

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Re: Honey Badger booted from LSU

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
    It looks like Les Miles has booted the "Honey Badger" from the team for team rules violations. He was a legit Heisman candidate last year and that is a big loss for them.

Two things:

1. Good for Les Miles standing on his rules and making them meaningful no matter how big a star the player is.
    2. How stupid for this kid to blow the opportunity he has. Sure, he will still get his chance in the NFL, but he had a chance to be a top, top draft pick. I guess it's easy for me to say but with an opportunity like that you can bet your sweer petute that I would keep my nose clean. Just saying.

http://collegefootball.scout.com/2/1210331.html

SUPERBUNNY
    Maybe his new nickname could be the weasel?
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I read over on Bisonville, a link to an ESPN piece which mentions that Honey Badger might consider a transfer to FCS school. This has got a few bison fans chomping on their bits, but would Craig Bohl even consider Honey Badger, considering they had to let a senior LB go from the team for reasons yet to be disclosed. Message to Coach Stig: Dont even think about it, if this clown gives you a call. He is trouble and has a serious chemical dependancy problem. The more I think about, I really dont have to send a message to Coach Stig.

Comment

Sounding like McNeese. No big surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          I read over on Bisonville, a link to an ESPN piece which mentions that Honey Badger might consider a transfer to FCS school. This has got a few bison fans chomping on their bits, but would Craig Bohl even consider Honey Badger, considering they had to let a senior LB go from the team for reasons yet to be disclosed. Message to Coach Stig: Dont even think about it, if this clown gives you a call. He is trouble and has a serious chemical dependancy problem. The more I think about, I really dont have to send a message to Coach Stig.
          I heard on XM radio he was transferring to McNeese State

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
            I heard on XM radio he was transferring to McNeese State
            Ride em cowboy.

Comment

College football players smoke weed?????
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                College football players smoke weed?????
                yeah, I think some people would be surprised just how many did..... The problem I have is not that he smoked weed, but that he got kicked off of a SEC team. That means that you had chance 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 12, 18, 15, 25, 56, etc. To get kicked off of a SEC team is hard, to get kicked off of a SEC team when you are a top 5 player in the nation is really hard.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                  yeah, I think some people would be surprised just how many did..... The problem I have is not that he smoked weed, but that he got kicked off of a SEC team. That means that you had chance 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 12, 18, 15, 25, 56, etc. To get kicked off of a SEC team is hard, to get kicked off of a SEC team when you are a top 5 player in the nation is really hard.
                  There could be more details involved, but LSU has to be careful about what kind of information it releases. He probably has a Agent and a lawyer.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    There could be more details involved, but LSU has to be careful about what kind of information it releases. He probably has a Agent and a lawyer.
                    I highly doubt he has an agent, especially he plans on playing football at McNeese this year.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                      I highly doubt he has an agent, especially he plans on playing football at McNeese this year.
                      When you are on the Heisman list, you dont tell anyone that you have an agent as I believe its against NCAA rules, but I would be surprised that he did not have one who is undisclosed at this time and who is giving advice and waiting patiently for a pay check. Playing at McNeese is a stepping stone to the NFL. His value to the NFL has yet to be determined, but there is no question he could play in the NFL if he clean up his act. The Heisman is out, but what is value one bust of guy name Heisman as opposed to millions to be earned in the NFL.

Comment

Honey Badger is in rehab.

Never a good thing, and I hope this young man can get his life straightened out before things hit rock-bottom.
                        I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Good for him, I guess?

But it's fairly obvious at this point that smoking doesn't really affect his performance. I understand testing for drugs that are performance enhancing, but all that weed is going to improve is his ability to eat Taco Bell at 3:30 in the morning. It's fairly obvious that now that there are plenty of football players that can perform at the highest level while still smoking (Ricky Williams, Percy Harvin, etc.).

If he actually wants to be in rehab and improve his life, then this is a good decision. If this is something he agreed to do to make others happy, he won't get anything out of it.

Comment

Working...
                          X