National Championship Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Championship Game

The Fray should be deported before they get a chance to leave the arena.
    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
    -Leo Rosten

Re: National Championship Game

They did a terrible job at the National Anthem.

Comment

I usually enjoy the Fray and I enjoy different arrangements/renditions of the NA but that was not very good at all.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
        The Fray should be deported before they get a chance to leave the arena.
        That was horrible

Comment

I like the Fray, I just think that someone needed to tell them that it wasn't a hippy bar, it was a national title game

Comment

How about the rioting after the game? Now that really makes a lot of sense.

Comment

Huh. I forgot all about the game last night.
              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                #lexingtonpolicescanner when I was listening, the cops were arguing over which one was going to get the paddy wagon next

Comment

Some of earths finest, no doubt.
                  "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

You would think the rioting would happen if they lost, but this time they won. Its not a big deal, Kentucky has done it 8 times before, so I think those young folks need to act like they been there before. Oh to be young and stupid again.

Comment

So did all of kentucky say they are going pro yet? I would guess most of that team will which makes me wonder how they keep up with the apr stuff. So how long now till calipari has some sort of recruiting violation or screws something up.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

You would think the rioting would happen if they lost, but this time they won. Its not a big deal, Kentucky has done it 8 times before, so I think those young folks need to act like they been there before. Oh to be young and stupid again.
                        But none of the students at the school now have been there before. Rioting is stupid, but I guess I understand why it happens. It's easy to get caught up in stupid stuff when there is group anonymity.

And it's not just young people. Look at soccer matches in Europe and the Vancouver riots after the Stanley Cup last year. Adults do these things too.
                        Originally posted by JackFan96
                        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                          But none of the students at the school now have been there before. Rioting is stupid, but I guess I understand why it happens. It's easy to get caught up in stupid stuff when there is group anonymity. And it's not just young people. Look at soccer matches in Europe and the Vancouver riots after the Stanley Cup last year. Adults do these things too.
                          Ohh what I would I do to be able to be in a riot. Personally I want to experience a riot just once. Heck, I watched the Penn State riot intently and wished I was there. If SDSU won the NC or even made it the the Final Four I would riot so I can't really blame the Kentucky fans/students.
                          "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                            So did all of kentucky say they are going pro yet? I would guess most of that team will which makes me wonder how they keep up with the apr stuff. So how long now till calipari has some sort of recruiting violation or screws something up.
                            How does the APR work? I know the gist is to make sure kids are there working towards a degree. One would then assume one and dones hurt that tremendously.

Seriously, the kids that are going pro after their first year really only have to study one semester. If you knew you were guaranteed millions how much effort would you put towards the books the second semester?

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                              How does the APR work? I know the gist is to make sure kids are there working towards a degree. One would then assume one and dones hurt that tremendously.

Seriously, the kids that are going pro after their first year really only have to study one semester. If you knew you were guaranteed millions how much effort would you put towards the books the second semester?
                              Cal said Kentucky has the highest APR in the SEC which for now he might but as I understood it transfers and people who are not progressing toward a degree hurt the overal APR. So if he ahs 3 or 4 players leave atfer a year or 2 I would have to imagine they would have some sort of drop in APR. SDSU men really struggled during the tranisition with APR with so many players transfering out. I dont know all the details but I know players leaving early hurts the APR numbers.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                              X