Men's NCAA Tourney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Men's NCAA Tourney

Here's a thread for all games involving the tourney.

Some games today to note besides the Jacks for SDSU fans:

Colorado State plays Murray State at 11am. That's Time Miles from NDSU coaching Colorado State. I'll definitely be cheering for CSU. He's brought CSU brought back from nowhere and they will be better next year. Maybe he'll end up taking over for Tubby?

Montana plays Wisconsin. Interesting because Wisconsin probably would have been a good matchup (relatively) for SDSU and Montana got a better seeding at #13.

For Minnesota Gopher fans:

New Mexico plays Long Beach State. Dan Monson (ex-Gopher coach) leads LBSU vs Coach Alford (ex Hawkeye coach).

Iowa State plays UCONN. I'm looking forward to watching Royce White (former Gopher) play.

This day is basically like Christmas to me. Looking forward to a fun weekend!
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Re: Men's NCAA Tourney

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
    Here's a thread for all games involving the tourney.

Some games today to note besides the Jacks for SDSU fans:

Colorado State plays Murray State at 11am. That's Time Miles from NDSU coaching Colorado State. I'll definitely be cheering for CSU. He's brought CSU brought back from nowhere and they will be better next year. Maybe he'll end up taking over for Tubby?

Montana plays Wisconsin. Interesting because Wisconsin probably would have been a good matchup (relatively) for SDSU and Montana got a better seeding at #13.

For Minnesota Gopher fans:

New Mexico plays Long Beach State. Dan Monson (ex-Gopher coach) leads LBSU vs Coach Alford (ex Hawkeye coach).

Iowa State plays UCONN. I'm looking forward to watching Royce White (former Gopher) play.

This day is basically like Christmas to me. Looking forward to a fun weekend!
    I dissagree, I think Wisc would be a horible match up for us. A team that limits possesions and works the shot clock and plays fudamentals for the most part. I would rather take my chances with a Baylor who can be streaky comparitively.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      I dissagree, I think Wisc would be a horible match up for us. A team that limits possesions and works the shot clock and plays fudamentals for the most part. I would rather take my chances with a Baylor who can be streaky comparitively.
      Not sure I could disagree more, but whatever. Agree to disagree.

Edit: I should add that my disagreement is that Wisconsin would be a worse matchup. Obviously they limit possessions, work the shot clock, etc.
      Last edited by SDSUAlum08; 03-15-2012, 03:35 PM.
      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
        Not sure I could disagree more, but whatever. Agree to disagree.
        The more chances we have to score the better. limiting shots and chances to shoot are not good for us. look at SUU and Western Ill but Wisc probably much better at it those those 2. I see no advantage of us playing a wisc type team. I dont think Baylor is a great matchup but I am not worried that much. I still like our chances.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Murray State and K-state win to start the day....good news is my bracket isnt busted yet.........

Comment

If anyone is watching Wisconsin vs Montana, Bo Ryan is OWNING the refs right now.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              The more chances we have to score the better. limiting shots and chances to shoot are not good for us. look at SUU and Western Ill but Wisc probably much better at it those those 2. I see no advantage of us playing a wisc type team. I dont think Baylor is a great matchup but I am not worried that much. I still like our chances.
              I agree goon. Look no further than WIU to see we really don't want a slow it down defense/offense type of team.
              With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

The big thing is with the slow-down offense, both teams will be in the game till the end. The team- with lesser talent on paper can win in the end almost as easily as the team that looks better on paper. This is why Wisconsin/ bo Ryan will never win the Big ten tittle, or the National tittle.

Comment

Jeez, first Norfolk State and now Lehigh... suddenly being a 15-seed doesn't seem like such a BAD thing! LOL
                  I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                    Jeez, first Norfolk State and now Lehigh... suddenly being a 15-seed doesn't seem like such a BAD thing! LOL
                    Well for my bracket it does.

Comment

Working...
                    X