Big-time football recruits not going to national powers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big-time football recruits not going to national powers

Rivals.com had a story on 2/10/12 about top high school prospect Stefon Diggs opting for U of Maryland (2-10 last season) rather than national powerhouses. The story mentions a couple other examples of top recruits deciding to stay more local and not go to national powers.

Can't say its a trend but it is noteworthy.

Link to the story: http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com...sp?CID=1330157

Re: Big-time football recruits not going to national powers

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    Rivals.com had a story on 2/10/12 about top high school prospect Stefon Diggs opting for U of Maryland (2-10 last season) rather than national powerhouses. The story mentions a couple other examples of top recruits deciding to stay more local and not go to national powers.

Can't say its a trend but it is noteworthy.

Link to the story: http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com...sp?CID=1330157
    Even though it is close to his hometown, Maryland has 24 transfers in the last year. 24! Firing Ralph Friedgen after an ACC coach of the year was odd timing. Anyways with all that said, I hope the best athletes in South Dakota stay in state and go to SDSU.
    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Re: Big-time football recruits not going to national powers

Originally posted by witness View Post
      Even though it is close to his hometown, Maryland has 24 transfers in the last year. 24! Firing Ralph Friedgen after an ACC coach of the year was odd timing. Anyways with all that said, I hope the best athletes in South Dakota stay in state and go to SDSU.
      And top Minnesotans choose SDSU over the other 4 D-I schools with similar costs before heading to out of area/state choices.

Comment

Working...
      X