Twitter costs recruit scholarship.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twitter costs recruit scholarship.

Unfortunate that his tweets cost him a shot with his dream school, but actions DO have consequences...

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/re...ge-scholarship
    I am Ed. Fear me.

Re: Twitter costs recruit scholarship.

Well, that sucks!! I would never do anything like that, but it makes me aware that I need to watch what I do or say, or I just might not end up at Washington after all. I wonder if we have rules like that at our school. If we do, I had no idea.
    Great moments are born from great opportunities.
    ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Well the recruit just committed to Colorado according to ESPN. http://espn.go.com/college-sports/re...rado-buffaloes
      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
        Well the recruit just committed to Colorado according to ESPN. http://espn.go.com/college-sports/re...rado-buffaloes
        This interesting, after being kicked out of a private school, he comes to Colorado without a high school diploma in hand. I suppose Colorado is loaded with tutors and what not, and now its a matter of getting the diploma in order to offically get him enrolled at Boulder. How does all this work? Something is not right here, when you consider all the graduating seniors in all the high schools across the country who struggle to get enrolled in some large univerisity such as U of Colorado. We know what the athletic department wants out of him, but is it really fair in the end? Will it seem fair to Yuri when his best work opportunity is flipping Big Macs?

Comment

Is it fair? I dint know, but it's how the world works. He said some stupid **** on twitter. He didn't get busted with drugs or arrested. Should he not get an opportunity to play football cause of that?
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
            Is it fair? I dint know, but it's how the world works. He said some stupid **** on twitter. He didn't get busted with drugs or arrested. Should he not get an opportunity to play football cause of that?
            He should get the opportunity to play football. There's no reason for it to be taken away. If he should do it again, then that could be considered. Everybody makes mistakes. He needs to learn from it. It shouldn't mess up his career forever, now should it?
            Great moments are born from great opportunities.
            ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Probably not, but at the same time, it's what I called a "teachable moment" when I was a high school teacher.

Social media like Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc, are great for networking and the like. But at the same time you can and will be held accountable what you say and post on these sites. Case in point, the fiasco Saturday night when the "Onward State" website incorrectly tweeted the death of Joe Paterno. It ended up costing the editor his job.

More and more, schools and potential employers are looking at your social media sites to determine your character. Pics of you getting drunk off your rear end or doing something illegal, or racist/sexist/obscene posts will bring about consequences... including denial of a job (or admission) and even termination.

Moral of the Story.... Use some common sense. Don't post anything on these sites you wouldn't be proud to show your mother.
              I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

I know it's another situation of "that's just how it works" but it really makes me smh (see what I did there) that having alcohol pictures even when of a legal age is considered a bad thing. Our country is ridiculous at times.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Working...
                X