Wofford's big mistage in UNI playoff game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wofford's big mistage in UNI playoff game

Here's one making the rounds: Wofford's kickoff guy receives a kickoff in the endzone and forgets to take a knee...UNI knocks it loose, jumps on it..TD UNI.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7312450

Re: Wofford's big mistage in UNI playoff game

Wow. I've never seen that before. ... Maybe the returner was trying to deke everyone and would have taken off running in another second or two.
    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
      Here's one making the rounds: Wofford's kickoff guy receives a kickoff in the endzone and forgets to take a knee...UNI knocks it loose, jumps on it..TD UNI.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7312450
      Stupid as stupid can be. Forrest Gump.

Comment

Even worse, he just drops the ball in the EZ, and UNI just picks it up for a TD.

Wofford gave that game away with that play.

Comment

It was recovered by Phil Wright, SF O'Gorman grad.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
            Even worse, he just drops the ball in the EZ, and UNI just picks it up for a TD.

Wofford gave that game away with that play.
            I thought the ball was bumped out of his hand by a UNI player -- you can see the Wofford player, turn to the ref and give the universal hand signal for "WTF" (arms outstretched, slightly upraised, open palms up) like he was complaining about being hit after the play was done. The ref was clearly tuned in on what was happening and he was watching the ball and when the UNI guy fell on it, the whistle blew.

Comment

I think he was trying to do a trick play....he seems to be "acting" a little too much.
              With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

My question is...what would've happened if the UNI guys would've drilled the guy? Is he a "defenseless" player because he thought the play was over? JHe is very lucky they just stripped it, instead of laying him out.

Crazy stuff.
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Working...
                X