Boise St

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boise St

Boise St loses to TCU, in Boise, to end the same debate we have every year with the Boises and TCUs of college football. They dont belong in the BCS championship game even if they do go unbeaten

Re: Boise St

If Boise would get a kicker, they could compete with the top teams in the country*

*No, I really don't mean that

Comment

Because they already do compete with the best teams in the country? I get that it's cool to hate on Boise cause they are ESPN darlings, but they are a good freaking football team.

If they played a tough schedule the full time they may only be an average team - think Notre Dame - but they have proven that they can compete with giants which is pretty impressive considering they play in the middle of nowhere at a fairly small school.
      Last edited by RabbitObsessed; 11-12-2011, 11:20 PM.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I cheer for them because the better they do the better chance their could be a play off system. Every now bsc team who screws up the bsc system gets my support.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
          Because they already do compete with the best teams in the country? I get that it's cool to hate on Boise cause they are ESPN darlings, but they are a good freaking football team.

If they played a tough schedule the full time they may only be an average team - think Notre Dame - but they have proven that they can compete with giants which is pretty impressive considering they play in the middle of nowhere at a fairly small school.
          Absolutely they are a good football team. I didn't mean they weren't because they are. I think it will be interesting if Boise State goes to the Big East, they will get in a lot of BCS games. Kellan Moore is fantastic.

Also, ouch on the Notre Dame comment.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
            Absolutely they are a good football team. I didn't mean they weren't because they are. I think it will be interesting if Boise State goes to the Big East, they will get in a lot of BCS games. Kellan Moore is fantastic.

Haha that was specifically for you, but below the belt.

I actually think people that cheer against Notre Dame are just as annoying as people that cheer for Notre Dame - basically the same way I feel about Boise, actually.

But I absolutely love Kelly so I find myself cheering for them more than I used to.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
              Haha that was specifically for you, but below the belt.

I actually think people that cheer against Notre Dame are just as annoying as people that cheer for Notre Dame - basically the same way I feel about Boise, actually.

But I absolutely love Kelly so I find myself cheering for them more than I used to.
              I figured it probably was, I have a lot of friends that are Notre Dame haters so I'm use to it.

Kelly has this team going in the right direction, their D-line is going to be scary good in two years. And they have a lot of talent coming in in the secondary. Huge fan of Kelly and what he is trying to do with the Irish.

Back to Boise, I cheer for them more often than not. I really wanted them to win today, just to see what would happen if everyone else lost except them and LSU.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                I cheer for them because the better they do the better chance their could be a play off system. Every now bsc team who screws up the bsc system gets my support.
                I use to think this way too but ive given up on a playoff system. You still have Houston to possibly screw things up. They havent beaten anyone from a big 6 conference except UCLA but theyre unbeaten.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post

And when the new Big East is formed they will change the name to the Big Least. GO IRISH!!!!

Comment

Saturday we saw why BSU will have some troubles competing in a major conference. They can beat anyone on any given Saturday, but they'll need a lot more depth to compete regularly with the big boys. Their depleted secondary gave up three 70-yard touchdown passes (and almost gave up a fourth). The fumble that gave TCU the ball back at the end of the game was coughed up by a third-string walk-on tailback. And the missed field goal was a freshman walk-on kicker who hadn't hit anything all year.

Comment

Not a big fan of Boise St. But I do think that if that program was in a major conference they could compete. Before laughing bear with me on this. The knock on Boise St is that they couldn't compete in a major conference because they can't recruit the talent of a major conference. I see that as a chicken and egg argument. I think if Boise St was in the Big 12 (or so) they would be able to recruit Big 12 talent and would be competitive. They have a good program. One last thought, the major conferences have patsies too; Kansas, Ole Miss, Indiana, Minn, I-State, Kentucky ...
                      You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Working...
                      X