Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northern State vs. Butler

Northern knocks off Butler in an exhibition tonight 53-50
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Re: Northern State vs. Butler

It's an absolute epidemic . . . an NAIA team beats UMKC, Moorhead takes NDSU . . . I guess that's why they call it "exhibition" rather than "a game that counts for something" . . .
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Paul Sather brought in one heck of a recruiting class.

Comment

I'm speechless.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
          Butler's offense must have picked up right where it left off last year.
          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Wow...to win a big one in Hinkle Fieldhouse,... that's cool.

Here's the Butler version of the story on the Butler official site: http://www.butlersports.com/sports/m...20111102v9a0le
            Here's the story on NSU's website: http://nsuwolvesathletics.com/news/2...102111441.aspx

Sounds like NSU senior guard Alex Thomas (6' 5", 220 lbs, Independence MN) is 'da man right now. Would have been a fun game to watch.

SDSU's Chad White's younger brother, Mitch, is a freshman on the NSU team (it's his first year...not sure if he'll red-shirt or play as a true freshman).

Comment

Mitch had 6 points against Purdue last night... no points tonight.
              I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

NSU scored the last 12 points of the game? That's incredible.

Comment

I'll just say . . . good for the Wolves.

Even when they moved up and we were both in D-II, I respected Northern State as a program--even when yet another of the Games Which Shall Not Be Mentioned happened in the NCAA playoffs in Frost Arena.

(Ever notice how many GWSNBM seem to happen to us? I think we're just TOO DAMN NICE, that's our problem . . . but I digress.)

It's really weird how I find (especially that I've moved out of the immediate area) that I have absolutely no animus against Northern or Augie--or really for that matter USD. (Yeah, the Coyote fans are, from our point of view, intensely annoying. But you gotta understand, I get to watch the Mizzou-KU-KSU food-fight in Kansas City on an annual basis down here--that's pretty damn amusing for a kid from South Dakota, sitting back and saying "you guys have NO IDEA what a REAL rivalry is like . . ." The stunned, disbelieving looks on their faces when I describe various dead animals landing on basketball courts is actually kinda priceless . . . not that I'm saying it's a GOOD thing, you understand--it's just that all of these ESPN-hyped "biggest rivalries in all of college sports" HAVE NO CLUE. They really don't. And, as I say, I'm really not sure that's a good thing for South Dakota, in the greater scheme of things. Just sayin' . . .)
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I've said it when SDSU has lost in exhibition to lower teams, and I said it when NDSU lost to MSUM, and Syracuse to Le Moyne.....I really don't see the big deal.

One team is playing like it's the championship. One team isn't even trying. It's going to happen.
                    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                      Paul Sather brought in one heck of a recruiting class.
                      Purdue absolutely destroyed them, no contest, not even close.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I agree, it means little overall it was after all an exhibition. That being said I do find it interesting that the movie "Hoosiers" filmed the championship game at Hinkle Fieldhouse.

Comment

Originally posted by boxerboy View Post
                          I agree, it means little overall it was after all an exhibition. That being said I do find it interesting that the movie "Hoosiers" filmed the championship game at Hinkle Fieldhouse.
                          Seems natural to film it there. After all that's where it was played.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                            Congrats to NSU.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                              I've said it when SDSU has lost in exhibition to lower teams, and I said it when NDSU lost to MSUM, and Syracuse to Le Moyne.....I really don't see the big deal.

One team is playing like it's the championship. One team isn't even trying. It's going to happen.
                              You think Butler wasn't trying? I don't care if it's a shirts and skins at the YMCA athletes and coaches want to win. I'm not going to embelish what NSU did to Butler nor am I going to diminish it. Butler was expected to crush a DII oponent regardless of who they had on the floor and they did not. Congrats to NSU.

Comment

Working...
                              X