Nebraska or Wisconsin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nebraska or Wisconsin?

May as well sample Jackrabbit fans and readers of this message board: Nebraska goes to Wisconsin Saturday. Will it be a warm welcome to the Big Ten for new member Nebraska or will it be a "welcome" of a different sort, as in "look new guy, this is the Big 10...pay your dues."

My two cents: I have mixed feelings on this one. I'd generally prefer Nebraska over Wisconsin. However, it wouldn't seem right to have Nebraska win its first Big 10 conference game against what appears to a team that may be the powerhouse in the conference. It may be a little "justice" to have Wisconsin beat down the Cornhuskers and I can see that happening because Nebraska has some weak spots while Wisconsin appears to be anywhere from solid to great at every position. Well, I'll go with Nebraska by a field goal.
    Nebraska!
    22.22%
    Wisconsin!
    61.11%
    Who cares! Neither of the above.
    16.67%

The poll is expired.

Re: Nebraska or Wisconsin?

During a moment of extreme weakness, I accepted tickets to this game -- over the Beef Bowl. Shameful.

But my wife's a Husker. She pulls for the Jacks. I figure fair is fair; I'll go to Madison if I must.

So I will be in Madison Saturday, wearing an SDSU t-shirt, of course, taking in the spectacle, wishing I was in Brookings.

I think the Badgers win. I think the Badgers could win in a blowout. More likely it's a close one, though. The Pelini Huskers seem to like the road.
    @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
    --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

I'm the lone "who cares" vote.

I don't pay attention to either team.
      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
        I'm the lone "who cares" vote.

I don't pay attention to either team.
        There helped you out....is there a way for them both to lose?
        With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

UW. Appears they have a real QB.
          You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Huskers all the way. Wisconsin hasn't seen the speed that they will on Saturday. Actually, Nebraska has some big deficiencies that will be exposed as well, I'm just hoping for a Husker victory. I too will be in Madison, wearing black Jackrabbit gear.
            One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

I'm hoping Wisconsin wins by 100.

And no, I'm not a Wisconsin fan in the slightest.
              "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
              "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Hate the huskers! Hope Wisconsin wins by 4TD's

Comment

Although it *must* have come up during the decades of rivalry with Oklahoma, I'm just looking forward to the surreal visual experience of two teams with nearly identical helmets, offsetting home/road jerseys duking it out in a stadium that could be in either city.

Plus, the signature 'Huskers cheer will be decidedly ambiguous.

BleacherReport.com says that Nebraska's encouraging traveling fans to 'pack the black'--seems like it's the least they could do to avoid utter confusion.

Comment

I picked Nebraska. Because of the school song that goes There is no place like Nebraska, and thats as much as I know. The Wisconsin school song is one copied by every other high school in South Dakota, so most should know it. In reality its a real toss-up in my mind. Its got to be more exciting for the Huskers. In the past they only had two competitive game on the schedule Oklahoma and Colorado.

Maybe CAS will rival these two staduims in size some day. One can always dream.

Comment

Well Nebraska made a game of it for a quarter and a half. Don't know why Bo went to the passing game, but it resulted in 3 INTs in short order. Then again, not much was working for them all game. It kinda went as I feared after watching their defense give up big points to lesser team. I think the Huskers will fine in the Big 10 though. They played best team in the conference right off the bat. Hopefully they will adjust.

Comment

Well Russell Wilson is for real. Wisconsin is for real. And Madison has to be #1 when it comes to places to watch a game. Those fans know how to have fun.

Comment

I was afraid that might happen! I figured Nebraska was over rated, but was hoping it wouldn't be 31 points of over rated. Madison is a good time on game day. We went for a run in the morning through the early pre-game festivities and then ate like hogs at a Farmers Market sort of thing. A loaf of steaming garlic/cheese bread is unbelievable on a crisp morning. Ice cold Spotted Cow was the drink for the tailgate and an ass-whopping wrapped up the night. We grabbed a 5 Guys gut bomb on the way home and called it a good time.
                          One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                            I was afraid that might happen! I figured Nebraska was over rated, but was hoping it wouldn't be 31 points of over rated. Madison is a good time on game day. We went for a run in the morning through the early pre-game festivities and then ate like hogs at a Farmers Market sort of thing. A loaf of steaming garlic/cheese bread is unbelievable on a crisp morning. Ice cold Spotted Cow was the drink for the tailgate and an ass-whopping wrapped up the night. We grabbed a 5 Guys gut bomb on the way home and called it a good time.
                            Possibly the best beer on the planet! Brewed in Wisconsin, so yummy!

Comment

Now I know what the big "N" on Nebraska's helmets stand for... "No! Not another Martinez interception!"
                              I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Working...
                              X