Yotes Upset EWU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yotes Upset EWU

30-17 final. I am guessing this should go here.

USD beats E Wash.

USD just beat defending FCS National champs Eastern Washington 30-17.

I can't believe I'm going to say this....but...congrats....yotes?
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Re: Yotes Upset EWU

Whoops, I posted the same over in college athletics.

I *suppose* this is good for the State of South Dakota, so....Congrats yotes?

Man alive that was painful to say.
      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Re: USD beats E Wash.

feels wrong doesn't it. going to be a long week at work.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
          Whoops, I posted the same over in college athletics.

I *suppose* this is good for the State of South Dakota, so....Congrats yotes?

Man alive that was painful to say.
          It should be in College athletics if you ask me

Comment

Seems about right... One big win and a losing record equals a successful year in Yote Land.

Comment

Congrats to the Yotes. Big win for the program. It seems that there's a number of USD posts under the MVFC heading. (I merged the threads...JackJD)
              Last edited by JackJD; 09-11-2011, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Yotes notched an FBS win last season and now picked off the defending FCS champs who came to Vermillion with the top FCS poll ranking. That's impressive.USD has earned some respect with the EWU win. I think the EWU win is the official end to USD 's transition to D 1 (irrespective of what the calendar and NCAA transition rules may say). Watch for USD to get ranked in Monday's polls.

Comment

The Yotes should be ranked without a doubt...congrats to them.
                  "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                    The Yotes should be ranked without a doubt...congrats to them.
                    I painfully agree.

Comment

yes, 605 represented 605 better than the other D1 team in the 605 who really pulled a 605 in Illinois.

Comment

Great win for USD. Dante Warren is a great QB, no doubt.

Before USD fans get too excited about playing SDSU next year, though, it's worth noting that they lose 20 starters after this year. Basically, we're in a rebuilding year and they're heading into a big rebuilding year.

But you can't take anything away from this. It's a huge win and USD should be ranked this week.
                        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

A win is a win....it counts for 1.
                          With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

This was a good win for the Yotes. DakotaDome is a tough place to get a W, and Yotes held off the Eagles. However, they still have a long ways to go to be a top contender. But it was a nice step. I voted USD into my top 25, but in the 20's. EWU dropped to 10th. It was the perfect "trap" game. EWU went toe-to toe with U Washington LW, and face Montana @ Montana this Sat. This was supposed to be a "tune-up" and EWU fell over themselves.

Haven't read about the game, so other than U won 30-17, I know nothing about how it happened.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                              This was a good win for the Yotes. DakotaDome is a tough place to get a W, and Yotes held off the Eagles. However, they still have a long ways to go to be a top contender. But it was a nice step. I voted USD into my top 25, but in the 20's. EWU dropped to 10th. It was the perfect "trap" game. EWU went toe-to toe with U Washington LW, and face Montana @ Montana this Sat. This was supposed to be a "tune-up" and EWU fell over themselves.

Haven't read about the game, so other than U won 30-17, I know nothing about how it happened.
                              U stuffed the run and jumped ahead early. U moved the ball effectively on the ground and had a couple of big offensive plays for 6. Managed the clock well. Had a pick 6 and forced EW into passing 60 times. I believe there was another big pick when EW was trying to get back in the game. I think the U sealed it with a couple of FG's in the 4th. Solid game plan and execution with a couple of big plays will get you a win most of the time at that is what happened.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                              X